Chapter 16

Jay's POV
I woke up and saw that hailey wasn't in bed. I looked at my clock and saw it was 9am. I've never slept in that late. I walked into the living room and saw Luna and Eden watching tv.

"Where's your mom?" I asked.

"With Liv in her room. She had an anxiety attack or something like that." Luna replied and I nodded. I headed into Liv's room and smiled when I saw her and hailey cuddling.

"Hey." I said lowly and hailey smiled at me. She put her finger to her lips, and I saw Liv sleeping in her arms. Hailey got up after a few minutes and we went into our room.

Just then, we both heard a scream coming from the bathroom. We rushed out of our room and heard crying from in the bathroom.

"Hey, who's in there? What's the matter?" I asked softly.

"It's Luna. Eden's still on the sofa, and Liv's still in bed." Hailey replied.

"Luma sweetheart, whats the matter?" I asked.

"I'm dying." She cried from inside the bathroom.

"I think I know what it is." Hailey whispered to me and I frowned.

"Maybe she got her period." She suggested.

"She's only 11." I said.

"I got mine at 11." She replied. I left to give them privacy.

Hailey's POV
I knocked on the bathroom door gently.

"Luna, can I come in? It's just me here. I want to help you." I said.

"You can come in." She replied quietly. I entered the bathroom slowly and saw her crying. I bent down to her level.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" I asked.

"My tummy hurts a bit, and there's blood in my underwear." She said and I smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked confused.

"Honey, you got your period." I said and she smiled.

"Really? So I'm not dying." She said happily.

"You're not dying." I replied.

I got a pad out of the bathroom cabinet and got her a clean pair of underwear from her room. I showed her how to use a pad and she hugged me.

"Thank you for helping me." She said.

"Oh, you're welcome honey." I replied.

"I love you mom." She said and I smiled.

"I love you too sweet girl." I said before kissing her head.

"Shall we go watch a movie in the living room?" I suggested and she nodded. Suddenly, her face filled with worry.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"It's weird. I don't want dad to look at me strangely." She said and I sighed.

"He won't. It's nothing to be embarrassed about Luna, it happens to every girl. It's a natural thing." I said and she nodded.

We headed into the living room and sat on the couch. Luna cuddled into me and rested her head on my lap. Jay looked at me. He probably wanted to know if my suspicions were correct. I gave him a thumbs up and he nodded.

"Why Luna no play?" Eden asked.

"She's not up to it at the minute baby, just let her relax." I said softly.

"Luna sick?" She asked.

"She's not sick, just feeling a little under the weather." I replied. Eden came over to me and kissed Luna on the cheek. I smiled.