Chapter 1: Introductory Chapter

A/N: Hi, welcome to this story, Wattpad! 

This is an OC insert. She will be female, and she will be isekai'd into the Naruto world. This is not a Self-Insert, but the OC will have only some of my own traits. Her backstory and personality will be completely made up, but be realistic.

This is not just a feel-good story.

This is a story of failure, and success, and gore in between.

Triggers may be included, from anything from r*pe to depression. Murder is involved, as obvious by the fandom Naruto. Complex mathematics or sciences, philosophical conflicts, and so on is in this story. I will try to put warnings at the beginning of each chapter, but I might not get everything in.

Be warned, and be careful, but enjoy!

I do not own Naruto. If I did, I would be living the life, but we can't all be famous.

Warnings for this chapter: gore, death, mentions of r*pe, mentions of torture,

She was born in a palace in the Land of Water. I was born in a hospital in New York. She was born as a daughter to the Daimyo. I was just a civilian. She was a prodigy, ready to learn the ways of the sword and ink. I was a simple doctor, having had spent most of my career in the Emergency Room.

We were one in the same. We were different, split into two different worlds. But together, we became one.

In my first life, I learned how to save a man who's life was leaving his body.

"Get the defibrillator!" I called out, seeing one of my coworkers cringe back and another scowl in confusion.

"But, doctor- the patient just had open heart surgery! It might damage the muscle-" I cut him off, knowing that he was renowned for having no faith.

"Do it. This man dies either way, so I'd like to at least say 'I tried.'" My eyes stared into his, and I felt a battle of the wills occur. He was certain that nothing would happen if I tried to resuscitate the dead patient but failure. Frankly, I didn't care, but I knew loss when I saw it. This man had a family out in the waiting room.

I had been in that waiting room once.

He backed down, and I averted my determination towards the dead man.

It was horrifying to look at, the man's entire torso region was held together only by stitches, and there were gaps in between the skin that were unable to be sutured because said skin was damaged beyond repair. He was a wreck; most of the other doctors had given up on him as soon as they saw that his chest was ripped open when he first came in. Two metal pads were shoved into my hands, and I rubbed them together while pulling up the surgical mask with my shoulder.

"Three, two, one... Clear."

Bump...

"No pulse. Three, two, one... Clear..."

Bump.

The man twitched even more than last time; that was a good sign.

"Three, two... one, clear!"

Bump... Bump...

"There's a pulse!" I looked over at the nurse who cheered that, and gave an empty sigh of my own.

"Bring in his family. These are going to be his last few moments." The grin on her face from behind the surgical mask fell.

I had witnessed many horrors, went through trauma time and time again when a patient's soul vanished from earth. My job was to save the one unfortunate enough to end up in a hospital for the worst of emergencies, but failure would always creep up.