Chapter 2: (??? ARC)

A/N: Unfortunately, no Naruto in this chapter. However, true fans would know exactly where the little MC landed herself by the context clues and the few characters that appear in this chapter.

Warnings: Panic/anxiety attack, mentions & symptoms of PTSD, unfamiliar environment, Killing Intent, near-death experience, first kills.

___

??? ARC

___

Step one to dealing with a panic attack; identify it as not reality, but as what it is(ie. realize that it's just a panic attack instead of thinking you're dying.)

Step two; calm down before your mind is blotted out by emotion, or PTSD(focus on literally anything other than this helpless, suffocating feeling and get your mind out of whatever flashbacks you're having. Well, absolute denial also helps with focusing on something else.)

I'm alive.

I was tortured.

I was murdered.

I died.

But I'm alive.

I'mnotdeadI'mnotdeadI'mnotdead

This buzzing going on all around me wasn't helping either; I swear I was being drowned in an invisible, heavy(but fluffy... almost) force, or coated in a cool, liquid, humming energy. Is this what being a Jedi felt like, with all of the Force surrounding them? I did not like that...

It wasn't right. It's like a sixth sense was forcibly jammed into my already perfectly working five senses. It was uncomfortable, but it was so innate with the surroundings that it felt almost natural.

But I can ignore this... hopefully.

The world was so different than my own, or at least what I was used to. There were trees everywhere, for one, while I had never moved outside of the city. Born and raised in New York City. I knew what a forest was, I wasn't uneducated(as obvious by the medical degree I had ownership of), but I had never really gotten to see one in person. I looked down from the branch that my feet were firmly perched upon, and took a deep breath; I was up multiple meters, perhaps five!(That's about fifteen feet, for those of us living in America.)

There was no way to get down from the tree except for jumping down because there were no sturdy branches under the one I was currently on. This realization made me take in a sharp breath and gulp.

I hovered my left foot out over the branch, squeezing my eyes shut.

Was I really going to do this?

I let out a long sigh.

Yup.

And hopped off of the branch.

I didn't let out a scream in the fall simply due to the fact that nobody would hear me(probably), but I noticed that I twisted my body around midfall with expert grace. Acrobatics were never my thing, as I had no need for them in the medical profession, but it just seemed natural to turn in midair. I landed softly in a roll, eyes still shut, and as a complete body - not a bloody splat on the ground.

I took in gulps of air, not quite believing that I was still alive in between the fifteen foot fall and the brutal stabbing.

Actually, nope. I'm not even going to think about that.

Again, denial was pretty good at covering up any sort of trauma. Well, it would harm me more than it would hurt me eventually, but I've decided that this was future-me's problem.