Chapter 9: (KCW ARC)

Warning: mentions of rape(which I'm never going to describe!) and torture, murder again cuz it's Naruto,

Oh! I forgot to mention: Kiri is not an OC. You heard me! This guy is an actual character in the Naruto Universe with like no plot significance! I don't like when people begin swamping stories with OCs, only just one OC is good for me! But seriously, this poor guy's name is Kiri... oof!

___

KIRIGAKURE CIVIL WAR ARC

___

Through weary, bleary, teary eyes, I gazed at a simple seal that was written entirely in English, rather than Kanji.

'Intense Water pressure, chakra open, small space, contain Water'. Words were written in varying sizes, and arranged in a way that they didn't read linearly, but rather in a way that none were parallel. 'Water' was always written largely, and tended to be in the middle of a line of script. Ink lines and circles were drawn around and through certain words, connecting them into an artistic array.

When I rested a finger on the seal and stepped back, a geyser of ocean water that I had filled the seal with earlier sprouted out for a good fifteen seconds before spluttering out.

I did it.

The vegetation and rock formations between the Rebel camp and the island of Kirigakure had been just about leveled by days of relentless fighting, leaving a marshy but somewhat stable battlefield. Long forgotten Shuriken and the occasional kunai were sparse in their silvery glint, under murky water or embedded in trees. I would say that the clearing of swampish land spanned about a football field large. Thick forest surrounded the clearing, enveloping it in green, and reminding everybody that this entire plot of land was once woods as well.

Each big battle ended at about sundown, allowing soldiers from both sides to rest. Of course, there was the occasional skirmish or a team sent out to infiltrate either side at night, but that's what night watch was for. Whoever sent the infiltrators would always see another set of corpses hung up on a tree as a 'this is what happens when you try to spy on us' warning, and it served to lessen morale on the enemy side.

Both sides used these tactics sparingly, as the number of battle-ready and infiltrator nin was depleting.

Very few were taken as prisoners anymore, as resources and time were also not getting any more plentiful. Any prisoners once captured were executed shortly. If this war remained for much longer, both sides would eventually tire out. That could be the end of Kiri, for both Loyalists and Rebels.

I knew it wouldn't be. I had no delusions that my meddling would cause Mei to lose the war as what I had done was made her side stronger.

She would win.

I might die, but what does that mean when I've already been killed?

Night was always long, and tense. People inside of camp could be found either in their tents or huddled around a big campfire, telling stories or comforting each other. I was one of the few that would go to straight to sleep by sundown, a long day of fighting and training behind me and another in front of me.

I didn't have any dreams as I slept; I haven't had a dream since I had died. But that was for the better. I didn't want to see myself cut down people even as I rested. I didn't want to fear that anyone I knew, namely Kiri as he wasn't exactly powerful, to die even if only in my imagination.

I didn't want to see myself be raped, tortured, and killed again.

The next day, however, all who were not night watch had woken up to a horrible, bloodthirsty chakra that seemed to engulf the entire land. I had spent a minute in my tent, tangled in a blanket and clawing at my throat before I remembered how to breathe. The suffocating, heavy air had crashed down on me like a wave of pure malice. It almost paralyzed me. I pushed through it, and got up anyway, legs wobbling like overcooked noodles and arms ready to spring out loaded with a kunai if needed.