Chapter 5: (LOW ARC)

LAND OF WAVES ARC

___

I can almost consider it magic. Chakra, that is.

Hear me out.

It started earlier this day...

My eyes swept around the poor lands of this country, in my arms was a sack filled with fish. I had noticed that the waters were lacking them until I reached quite a bit away from shore in a makeshift canoe that I had constructed from a random tree, and the people were very low on food. There was no way for them to make it this far out without proper sustenance, and I was a recent addition to this land so I wasn't consistently at a lack of food. Well, I guessed that I wasn't as, when I first woke up in this realistic Naruto less-than-cartoon anime, I had a full stomach. That should keep me properly sustained for another couple of days.

So I had 'set sail' on the waters of the land of waves. Despite its name, the waters were rather tame, so I had little trouble navigating.

Trash had accumulated on a part of the shore, I was aware as soon as I had gotten to the island. That was where I found a net. There were a few tears in it, but I had been able to repair it enough to work. I cast said net into the waters, and began moving the canoe towards shore(a less trash filled part of shore, of course). I had caught an abundance of fish.

Giving out the fish to the people was no big deal; many of them were too polite to just accept the food, but after some insisting, I had appealed to their stomachs more than their hearts.

But this wasn't the true highlight of my third day in this world of Naruto. It had truly started when I was content with everyone and their family having a meal, walking through the forest with a smile on my face. Yes, despite being the most cynical doctor on the face of the earth, even I had felt warm seeing the smile on the faces of the villagers themselves.

Clouds were overhead, a whole sheet of grey covering the sky. It would probably rain, I noted, smelling the heavy scent of fresh rain before it had even started.

As if on cue, a single drop came down onto my nose from the heavens. I'm sure I looked cross-eyed upon gazing at my nose with wonder when the faint rumbling noise of thunder was heard ahead. I looked back up into the sky, and rain began pouring down. Well, I thought with a mental brow raised, at least I wasn't wrong.

I had almost been tempted to go back to Tazuna's house, seeking anything familiar. The plot of Naruto was familiar to me, but I knew that if I tried to get to close it would easily become unfamiliar. That was just how the butterfly effect worked. I could always watch from afar though, to see where in the plot line I was and make sure that I was safe. After all, it would be a horrible idea to be in Konoha when Orochimaru attacked, but it would be the safest place from then on until Pein. It all depended on the plot, and the plot would become unrecognizable if I meddled with it.

My eyes closed, head still turned up towards the heavens. It was steadily getting cooler, now that the sun was blogged out. I could deal with cool, and it was much preferred over the sticky, hot and humid that was before the rain. It was almost a poetic scene, a young girl hunched under the weight of her armor looking to the heavens with a peaceful expression while rain fell around her... no. I was dignified, not some serene movie character.

My eyes snapped open, and I began brainstorming. My head tilted downwards, as to not get rain into my eyes, and I thought over the plot.

I started off during the C-ranked mission, that much was obvious. That means there's no way I could become one of the Rookie 9 of Konoha. And as I do not agree with many of Konoha's ways, I don't want to become a Ninja for Konoha... or any of the Elemental Nations at all. So no Chunin Exams for me. But, chronologically after the start of the C-rank, what would happen next? Seeing as I have had an encounter with the Demon Twins -I cringed in memory- and it had been days since then, it was safe to assume that Team 7 also already had their first run in with Zabuza Momochi, or Momochi Zabuza if I went by Japanese customs(which would be necessary as everyone here spoke Japanese.) Coming up soon would be the battle of the bridge, where Haku and Zabuza died and there would be a massacre of mercs.