Chapter 16: (KCE ARC)

KONOHA CHUNIN EXAMS

_______

It took me two sleepless days and the help of both Kiriko and Hana to figure out how to disable the curse seal, consulting the Uzumaki journal, Naruto wikis on Fuinjutsu, and a kanji dictionary.

It took me three more to make an accurate and effective fail-safe seal, with a trigger built in that would cause full-body paralysis(the calculated release of a killing intent and lightning chakra mixture. The seal siphoned just the barest hint of Sasuke's chakra when it activated, which I knew was lightning natured) when someone without Sasuke's chakra signature reached for his eyes.(speaking of, constructing one of my own that would be for anyone who reached for my body at all would be hax.)

And just like that, I both made a seal with infinite defensive potential and one-upped the Hyuuga's Caged Bird Seal.

It was just a disgusting excuse for slavery and-

And I was going to put a stop to that train of thought for now, before I stormed the Hyuuga compound with a political agenda.

I could help many, but I knew I couldn't help everyone. Not yet. I'd need to garner more ninja political power(because with my status as 'princess', I had all the civilian political clout I would need), and then something over Konoha, and then something over the Hyuuga specifically to be able to change their ways. But those somethings would have to be huge. Befriending Neji and Hinata would probably be best for a long term goal and a very friendly solution. From what I know, I wouldn't be opposed to being friends with Hinata. She was a sweet girl with good morals(or good for this world). Neji would be more difficult. And with our totally different beliefs and personalities(what is fate to someone who is given the knowledge of a future?), I doubt any friendliness I have for the boy would be genuine.

Otherwise, I could probably corner Konoha into a very narrow political corner with their only way out being to order the Hyuuga to get rid of their slavery seal. As I was now of higher standing in Kirigakure, and trusted confidant to the dual-kekkei-genkai-wielding Mizukage Terumi Mei(a friendship I hadn't foreseen, but a lovely one nonetheless), I had incredible influence in the Land of Water.

The new Kiri was very against discrimination and subjugation over birth.

And the subjugation over the merciless genocide of a whole family or clan.

...Like the Uchiha massacre.

I could drop a few hints to Mei about Hiruzen(if you do nothing about the problem, then you're part of the problem too) and Danzo('cuz there's no redeeming that guy, but starting something against the War Hawk when I'm not confident in my abilities is suicide) coercing Itachi into killing everyone and martyring himself. That would cause rifts in potential alliances between Kiri and Konoha. And it would be good blackmail against the Leaf Council(again, I'm not about to make an enemy out of Danzo so soon. I must wait until I at least achieve Sage mode).

Konoha was currently allied with Sunagakure against the ever angry Kumo and Iwa, not to mention any hatred harbored by smaller villages like Ame towards the global superpowers. Oto is also a completely antagonistic nation against Konoha because of its founding under Orochimaru.

Once Suna loses the Konoha Crush, Konoha will be left with no allies whatsoever, until Gaara finally becomes Kazekage.

Until now, Kiri has been known as a backstabbing, corrupt, cutthroat village. And then it went completely dark, with no information going in or out.

Now, Kirigakure has established itself as a solid nation again. It is sending powerful Genin to the Chunin exams, and those Genin made it far into this exam. If one of them wins, or gets even close to winning(which many of them are now), then the other villages will be looking to Kiri once more. Whether as a potential, powerful ally or a dangerous enemy.