Chapter 12: (Training Interlude)

A/N: GET READY FOR SOME HORSEESSSSS!!!

_

_

_

TRAINING INTERLUDE

_

My chakra went haywire at the littlest of things.

I had to relearn how to tree-walk in hours, not that I myself had ever gone through the process(Kiriko did. I just benefitted off of having her body) or else I embarrass myself in front of the other forces, or end up dying because I was unprepared and unable to use chakra. Water-walking took an additional day. Not to mention medical Jutsu...

The only reason I was able to relearn it was because I already knew the exact movements of my chakra to perform the Shōshen. I could correct any mistakes I made as soon as I made them, and I could tell what I was doing wrong. I basically just had to recreate something I did a long time ago; it's kind of like riding a bike. You can stop for years, but once you push past a shaky start you are just as good as you were before. Still. It was infuriating that I could do iryo-ninjutsu one day, but the next be abysmal.

I knew objectively that it was because I turned myself into a Jinchuriki, my chakra levels were totally different and I had to fine tune my chakra control to be as precise as it used to be. If I had been a Jinchuriki my whole life like Naruto was, I would have never been able to manage this precision. But since I already knew I could, and I had the muscle/chakra memory needed for it, I was able to get myself back on two feet in days.

Days of nonstop training and meditation without breaks, but days nonetheless.

I only personally trained the Genin occasionally. Most of the time, I sent a shadow clone enforced with a water clone, more than doubling the durability. And, in case it popped, I sent another shadow clone to replace it if it were in danger. They never knew the difference.

It was a headache and a half, getting hours' worth of information when one popped, but it also boosted my productivity. I made a dozen shadow clones. One studied and transcribed the Uzumaki book into legible writing, a few practiced my English-Japanese mix of Fuinjutsu and made new seals with the script, and the rest were practicing Taijutsu against each other while I worked on my chakra control. The clones wouldn't give me muscle memory, so instead I had them focus on using as many different styles as they could so I could know the theory and weaknesses of different Taijutsu.

It took me days before I felt confident enough that to train my Genin in person from then on, only leaving shadow clones to study.

But I never focused on going all out against them. I would end up killing them in seconds, and that was a big no-no, not to mention would end me. They grew on me in that way that annoyances usually do. I had grown fond of them.

Instead, most of my thoughts surrounded plans. What would I do if they failed the First Exam? What would I do if they passed? And what about the Second Exam? They should be as prepared as could be for the Forest of Death, but what about Orochimaru? If there was even the slightest chance of him hurting them, I would have to step in. I don't care if they get disqualified; I would probably be able to pin the blame in Konoha for allowing such a security breach. That will either get them a lot of hate, make them seem weak, or they would allow my kids- my team- to participate despite my interference.

Speaking of Orochimaru... I stand no chance against him. Of course, I will go all out against him and prepare for my death if it means letting the Genin get a head start in running away, but I was inconsequential. An ant beneath his boot.