Chapter 17: (KCE ARC)

A/N: Long chapter ahead, guys! I hope you enjoy!

OBLIGATORY NOT MY ART DISCLAIMER!!!

Warning: Sasuke has a very high opinion of MC. She is not able to defeat Itachi(yet, or perhaps ever), even though Sasuke is absolutely convinced that she is able to. And he has a steadily lowering opinion of Kakashi...(Really, I love the guy and all, but he was a pretty lousy teacher when it came to each of Team 7's individual skills. And since he is one of my favorite characters, I will have him redeem himself)

Still, Sasuke's perception is quite a bit skewed and biased. Hope you guys enjoy anyway!

___
_
___

KONOHA CHUNIN EXAMS ARC

___

3rd Person - Sasuke

Tsunami Kiriko-Sensei... was a she-devil.

Sasuke had asked for her, the Kage Killer, to train him. He asked for her, someone who was no doubt capable of defeating him, to train him. He was ready to be drilled into the ground and to become strong enough to at the very least be her equal. Or he was expecting to surpass her. Or be disappointed.

He was an Uchiha. He would have to be better than the others. He would rise to her level. He would become the strongest.

"Why do you fight?"

"I need to kill a man."

No matter that she's a Jinchuriki. No matter that she has access to the demon inside her.

But... he really wasn't prepared.

He was destroyed, really, by the end of each practice. He was nothing more than a bloody lump of flesh, and his bones were pummeled into gravel. She, of course, stood him up and healed him until he was as fresh as before, then sent him off to collapse into his bed after a long day of this constant cycle of pain and healing. He was never able to get up and get dinner, not even to just sit down with a ready-made meal. He just fell into his bed, and woke up next morning with as much energy as he had pain.

"You're going to fight him by yourself?"

"I have to."

On the bright side, being brought to the brink of death so many times in a day had caused his Sharingan to spin with not one, not two, but three tomoe. In both eyes. If he wasn't sure that she was the right choice of a trainer before, he was now.

"Why? Why not ask for help?"

"Because I have to kill him..."

Because despite the pain, despite the thinly veiled torture sessions she conducted, she forced him to level up the Sharingan as much as possible before he would... he would have to...

No.

The Sharingan's full power may be unlocked upon killing whoever was unfortunate to be his best friend, his dearest ally, but he didn't know who that would be. Perhaps it was Naruto, whom he viewed as a brother. Perhaps it was his new Sensei, who looked at him the same way his mother would when she was still alive...

Pride for his achievements, concern for his downfalls, intelligent and wise and caring...

Not only that, but Tsunami-Sensei rolled her eyes at the notion that it would take murdering his friend to unlock the Mangekyō. No matter how much evidence said it was true.

"Alone though? There is strength in numbers."

"I can't let him take anyone else from me! Can't you see? If I have someone else with me, he'll kill them! He'll... he'll kill them all over again..."