Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

Sunday:

The only thing I love more than YouTube is sleep. So when my roommate, Kara, woke me up early in the morning you can only imagine how pissed I was.

"WAKE UP LAZY ASS," Kara shouted at me from across the hall. No matter how much I love her, she can still be a pain. I checked the time... ONLY 11 AM. Who wakes up that early??

I slowly get up from bed and check my face in the mirror. damn. Bed hair looks so disgusting. I wash my face and clean up a bit before going out to the living room. Thank goodness I did because when I walk out into the living room some of my friends were there.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" they all exclaim. Great.

First I get woken up from some good slumber, and now I have to celebrate my least favorite day of the year. It's not that I hate my birthday and the whole idea of aging. It's just that every year on my birthday something bad always happens. Whether it's falling down a flight of stairs and needing crutches for months when I turned 13 or my boyfriend of 2 years breaking up with me when I turned 18.

"Thanks you guys. I'm just gonna go change my clothes so I don't look like a hobo on my birthday" I say, laughing lightly.

I quickly go to my room and change into a nice outfit. I put on some make up and do my hair. I say a little prayer before going back out, hoping that maybe this year my birthday will turn out okay.

"You're finally done? Thank goodness, we've been waiting forever," Rachael says jokingly.

"Sorry, I was up all night on the computer and didn't plan on waking up until like 3 pm. Well you know, same old me."

"19 years on this earth and you're still a lazy ass," Kara says.

"always."

We decided we'd go out to Nando's and then go bowling. Simple activities, nothing could go bad, right? Wrong.

Nando's was so crowded today, we had to wait an hour for a table. They were out of my favorite food there, which was upsetting, and worst of all the waiter spilled a whole thing of water on me. I was soaking wet. What a great start to my birthday.

Good thing I had an extra pair of clothes in the trunk of my car so I could just change when we got to the bowling alley. Everything was going so well until a little girl in the lane beside us dropped a bowling ball on my foot. This is just terrific.

My birthday was once again just upsetting. I told my friends I just wanted to go home and spend some comfort time with my computer. When we got back to the flat I told everyone good night and went to my room. I took a quick shower and hopped onto my computer.

I would definitely say my computer is my best friend. It has everything and more a person could ever want. I checked my Twitter and Facebook. I got some really nice birthday messages from my friends Mark and Tony. My friends are great. Even though some pretty crap things happened to me today, I still enjoyed hanging out with all my amazing friends.

I went on tumblr for a while and then watched a couple YouTube videos and before I even knew it it was already 12 am. Wow time flies fast when you're having fun, yeah?

I started feeling hungry so I went to the kitchen to get some food. I had a sudden mood for some cereal. Of course there's no other cereal I could be in the mood for other than.. shreddies! my one true cereal bae. Imagine my shocked when I find out that we ran out of shreddies. I know I wasn't the one to finish the box. Damn you Kara for eating my cereal.

I decided I might as well go out to the store and buy some more. It's still technically my birthday, might as well treat myself to my favorite cereal. It's normal to buy cereal in the middle of the night, right?

When I got to the store I saw a shelf of Oreos and I just had to get some. I was in the mood for some junk food. Pigging out on my birthday sounded good. I got so distracted by all the junk food I almost forgot the shreddies. I went to the cereal section and saw there was only one box left on shreddies. I went to grab it and then... someone beat me to it.

"Oh sorry, were you gonna get this?" asked the guy who had the last box of shreddies.

"Yeah, but I mean you have it so it's fine. I'll just come back tomorrow," I said. It'd be rude if I just took the box from him. I found myself just staring at him. He looked kinda familiar. He was short for a guy, maybe like 5'8". He was actually really adorable. I swear I recognize him from somewhere. I think I must've been staring at him a bit too long, but at the same time it seemed like he was looking at me too.

"I'm sorry I'm like staring at you. I'm not a creep I swear," I told him.

"Ha that's good to know. Well I gotta go now so bye," he replied.

Wow. Who was that guy? Not only was he so attractive, but he also seemed really sweet. I can't seem to get him out of my mind.

I got back home and put all the food I got away. In the back of my head I was still trying to think of who that guy was, where have I seen him before? Maybe I've seen him around and about the neighborhood, or maybe we went to school together? I have no clue. There's only two things I know for sure though: 1) I couldn't stop thinking about that guy and 2) I didn't even my box of shreddies because he got the last one. damn, I really wanted those shreddies. Now I really want him.