Chapter 15

Elizabeth's POV

Sunday:

Today is the day. The sickest party is going down tonight. Almost everyone I know is going. We'll be up all night. You'd think I'd be so hyped, but right now I'm nervous.

I woke up this morning at 7am. 7AM IN THE FREAKING MORNING! Why would people wake up that early? I got dressed quickly and headed out. I drove to the place Maci told me the party was at and holy shit the place was huge.

Now I've been rehearsing for about 3 hours. Maci wants my performance to be perfect. I picked my 3 songs: I lived by One Republic, Blank Space by Taylor Swift, and Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony. I've been listening to the last two songs nonstop lately. They remind me of Vikk.

Thinking about Vikk, when I checked my Twitter this morning he dm'd me asking if I was busy today. I was so tempted to say no and just skip the party so I could spend time with him. But my friends really want me to go and Maci needs me. I told him I'll be busy tonight.

The rehearsal went really well. The band said I'm a natural on stage. Of course just because they say that doesn't help my nerves at all. It's not because I think I'll sound bad or that I'll look bad on stage, it's just I have a bad habit of making a fool of myself so easily and so with all those people watching I'm bound to do something embarrassing.

When I get home I spend the rest of the day getting ready. I blast my music and get everything out. I take out my makeup, curling iron, hair products, and lastly my dress and mask. The dress is gorgeous and I'm really thankful for Rachael and Mark helping me pick it out.

I take a picture of all my hair and makeup products and post it on Twitter saying, "Sickest party happening tonight. #GetYourMasqueradeOn". I didn't take a picture of my dress because I want it to be a surprise my friends that haven't seen it yet.

I spent nearly 45 minutes doing my makeup and spent an hour 30 minutes doing my hair. By the time I was done I was really proud of how I looked. I still had an hour or so left before we had to leave so I checked on Kara. She had her hair down and was doing her makeup. "Wow you look so amazing Elizabeth," Kara tells me. I smile.

I go to the kitchen to find something to eat. The only thing I was in the mood for was Shreddies. I took the box out and ate some. Amazing. Perfect for my mood. I went up stairs after I finished my cereal and put on my dress and put my mask in my bag.

When me and Kara were done we waited for the other guys to arrive. Once they were all here we had to wait for our limo. Kara decided that we should ride a limo to the party, just for the fun of it. Before we leave I remember to grab my guitar, I'm gonna need this. It'd be bad if I forgot it.

As soon as the limo got here we all hopped in and headed to the party. When we got there the place was packed. I saw some familiar faces. There were so many people though. I didn't have time to sit around and chat because I had to go backstage for rehearsal.

I go backstage, set my stuff down and went over the practice area. The only people that weren't dressed up for a masquerade was the band members. They must just be playing and then leaving. After a while of practicing I checked the time. It's 7:55.

I go to my bag and pull out my mask and put it on. I have to go on the stage now. I check my phone and see I have a bunch of texts from my friends. What the hell do they want? I didn't have time to check because the lead guitarist, Joe, said we have to head out.

I realized just how many people were here. The place was packed! I'm guessing around 500 people. I see all my friends in the front row, I wave to them. They all looked so amazing.

The crowd gets quiet as I walk on stage. I stare out into the crowd and I noticed some really familiar people. Josh and Simon. I could tell it was them because they didn't have their masks on yet. What are they doing here? I have to talk to them after my performance. I actually really miss them.

I hug my guitar. My guitar is my good luck charm. I've had is since I was 12 when I first started learning to play. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I can do this. I open my eyes and smile.

"How's it going tonight," I shout at the crowd, "Everyone having a good time?! Good. The first song I'll be singing is I Lived by One Republic."

As I start to strum my guitar I begin to relax. I can do this. As I sing, I start to feel good. The guys in the band are amazing and it makes me feel even better. I sing my heart out. I love this song, it might not be the most upbeat but it makes me happy.

When that song was over I announced I'd be singing Blank Space by Taylor Swift. I didn't need my guitar for this song or the last song so I set it aside.

As I sang this song I really got into it. I started dancing and moving around. The crowd started to get super hyped. It was so much fun. Once that song was over I announced the next song, "My last song is Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony. I personally love this song. It reminds me of this guy. A special guy at that. A guy I just can't seem to stop thinking about." I can feel myself smiling hard, "Enjoy."

As I sang I looked at my friends; they were dancing and having a good time. Everyone looked to be having a good time. Maybe I should take up singing professionally because the thrill is so exciting.

I was getting so into the song, dancing around, that my mask accidentally fell off. I don't bother to stop. Its not like anyone could really see my face. It's easier to sing without the mask covering my eyes anyway. When the song was done the crowd was ecstatic.

I walked over to my friends and we had a group hug. They were all telling me how amazing I was and how they didn't know I could sing like that. I was so happy with how I did.

Then I remembered that I saw Simon and Josh. I accused myself from the group and went looking for them. The place was so huge that it was actually really to get around. After 10 minutes of looking for them I found them. I couldn't see their face because of the masks but I could recognize the outfit and the hair.

"Simon!" I yell out to Simon. He turns around and sees me. I rush over to him and his group. All the sidemen were there except Vikk. I looked around a bit it a couple feet away I also saw the pack. But no Vikk.

"Nice performance up there. You were incredible!!" Simon tells me.

"You knew it was me?"

"Well not until your mask fell off. Nice one Liz," Josh says laughing.

I laugh with them and I stay to talk for a little bit. Hoping that Vikk would show up. I didn't want to ask Simon if Vikk was here, that would be uncomfortable to me.

After a couple minutes I told Simon and Josh I have to go back to my friends. "Wait! Can't you stay like a couple more minutes?" Josh asks quickly.

"I'm sorry, they're waiting on me. Maybe I'll see you later tonight. Here's my number, if you want to call me." And with that I walked off.

As I walk away I keep looking around, hoping to spot an eye on Vikk. But he didn't seem to be in sight. And then I hear it...

"Elizabeth."