VANI POV

After taking a plane all the way to some private island or something, (sheesh, how rich are these Freak Vampires?) and after driving through the forest for hours we finally reach a huge, dark and dreary mansion.

"APOLOGIES. I WASN'T EXPECTING VISITORS." Victor yells.

"NO PROBLEM. I DON'T MIND."

I didn't get to say bye to Mom personally, but I know that I don't want to risk her life.

After all, I'm thirsty.

All I have with me is my phone, my favourite notebook and a pen and pencil with a crown on top, plus my music box.

It was a gift from my late father which had a secret compartment that I didn't find until I was 13. The compartment had a necklace in it, the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It is rose-gold in colour and has a teardrop shape. There was a note from my father too, telling me that he loved me.

I also had a charm bracelet that Mom gave me. It is filled with blue charms, since I love the colour blue.

And since Victor said he'd provide clothes and everything else, I guess I'll trust him on that.

"HERE IS YOUR ROOM." Victor says, bringing me to the topmost floor. It seems like my room takes up the whole floor. Cool.

"THANKS."

...

I take it back.

The room is not cool.

Who has a room this big and uses THREE QUARTERS of it as a WARDROBE???

Whoever lived in this room before me, I feel so sorry for her. Or not, if she was one of those girls who goes like, 'Oh my gosh, I have three pairs of these shoes but I want one more so I'll buy it!' type of girl.

I swear, this wardrobe is so huge I'll probably get lost in it.

At least Victor kept his word. This wardrobe is literally filled up. The clothes are either hung up or stacked in messy piles everywhere. I almost trip over one.

I scowl. Who the hell needs so many dresses? At least there are lots of blue ones.

Victor told me to freshen up since he was inviting his one and only friend to dinner. Apparently, the friend was going to bring along his family too.

I shudder to think what exactly will be served for 'dinner'. Vampires don't need human blood, they just want it. Like Edward Cullen in Twilight. But Victor said since I'm a halfling, my craving will probably not be as strong.

I bathe and decide on a casual blue dress with some white stripes and text Mom a picture.

Me:

Hey Mom, hope you're doing well, Victor provided this dress I'm going to meet some of his friends what do you think?

Mom: You look gorgeous sweetie have fun miss you love you!!

Me: Me too bye!!!

***

"VANI, THIS IS MY FRIEND DEMETRI AND HIS FAMILY."

I look around. There's no one there.

"AREN'T YOU GOING TO SAY HI?"

"Hi." I say, just to please him. Then, to Victor, "UM, VICTOR, WHERE ARE THEY?"

"OH, RIGHT. I FORGOT YOU CAN'T SEE. THEY ARE ON THE FRONT LAWN."

"OKAY. WHAT'S FOR DINNER?"

"I HAVE HEARD HUMAN HAVE THIS DELICACY CALLED STEAK. I HAVE DECIDED TO TRY IT. WE'LL BE HAVING OURS BLOODY-RAW, OF COURSE."

"UM. I DON'T THINK THAT DONENESS EXISTS."

"WHAT'S A DONENESS?"

"NEVER MIND."

"AND WE'LL BE HAVING BLOOD, OF COURSE. WHICH TYPE WOULD YOU LIKE? A, B, OR O? BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I HAVE."

"UM..."

"THEY ARE ALL DONATED FROM THE BLOOD BANK, OF COURSE."

"AH. WELL. I'M NOT REALLY SURE."

"A HAS A SALTIER TASTE, BUT IF YOU PREFER SWEET GO FOR O. B HAS HEALTH BENEFITS, IF YOU'RE INTO THAT."

"OH. CAN'T I HAVE WATER?"

"I'M AFRAID I DON'T HAVE THAT."

"WELL... B, THEN."

"GOOD CHOICE." Victor says. "OH LOOK, THEY'RE HERE."

I turn to see the door creak open, revealing four figures. They step into the light and the first thing I see is their white-blond hair. The second thing I see is that they're all dressed in black.

The third thing I see is that Demetri's son.

...

The guy from the park. The one I called a Freak Vampire.

His eyes narrow in recognition and I gulp. He smirks.

"VANI, THIS IS DEMETRI'S WIFE, AMELIA, HIS DAUGHTER CARLA, AND HIS SON AXEL. AXEL IS YOUR AGE AND WILL BE ATENDING SCHOOL WITH YOU."

Axel's smirk grows and his eyes seem to darken. He leans down to whisper, "Freak Vampire."

Oh, I am so dead.

***

Hi.

Thoughts?

Haha, Vani's gonna try drinking blood. Me being stupid, I'm imagining it while eating and I lost my appetite.

The boy from chapter one appeared again!!! Did you forget him?

Dedicated to Abigailalexandre50

Thanks for your support!!! 😉

me