VANI POV

First day of lessons. I'd be lying if I say I'm not at least a little nervous. All the girls are.

Well, except Zurie. I swear, that girl doesn't seem to have emotions at all.

And the worst thing is that I have some classes with Axel. I'm already dreading them.

But how hard can it be? Worst they can do is teach us to drink blood, which of course, I have already done so. I mean, that's all a vampire does, right?

I wear a black shirt and black jeans and black converse highs. I'm feeling moody today.

***

I arrive at the classroom and everyone turns to stare at me. Or maybe they're staring at Axel, who is behind me. He is quite popular, and I guess good-looking too, not that I'd ever admit it. Look how hard it is just to even think it.

"Who are you?" A girl asks rudely.

"My name is Not Your Buisness and I would appreciate it if you got out of my way." I snap.

I really don't have time for mean girls. I have enough on my plate, thanks.

"Excuse me? Do you even know who I am?"

"No, but I can see why everyone wants to. You're just a bright ray of sunshine, aren't you?"

I can hear choked laughter coming from behind me.

"You- Ugh, I don't have time for losers."

"Well done," Axel whispers in my ear. "You just pissed of the most popular girl in school."

"Shocker." I say dryly. "I never would have guessed."

He snickers. Who knew a laugh could sound so sarcastic?

Sadly, the only seat left is the one behind Miss Mean Sunshine and in front of Mr Sarcastic Laugh.

Great.

The teacher walks in and introduces herself as Miss Benecia. She writes the words 'shifting' on the whiteboard.

Then she begins, "Shifting is an important and difficult process..."

Blah blah blah.

This is probably some stupid class about the werewolf history or something.

But... then why would we need to learn?

I turn around. "Hey, Axel?"

"What?"

"Are we in the wrong class or something?"

He looks amused. "No."

I frown. Surely not. It's not like vampires can shift, unless it's...

No. Surely not.

Axel chuckles at my horror.

I realise my throat is dry. I take a gulp of water just as Miss Benecia says, "Okay, class, I want you to shift so I can see your bat forms now."

I spit out the water.

...

Just as Miss Mean Sunshine turns to face me.

...

And the jet of water hits her straight in the face.

...

Oh. My. God.

***
EMMERANE POV

First day of lessons. Yay.