Questions & Answers.

I HAD ALREADY FINISHED THE food when there became a steady silence between Zayn and I. I really didn't know where to start and I just wanted this over and done with. I was never the one to be patient with others. Huffing, I just stare at Zayn.

He chuckles and leans forward on the island's counter, looking at me. "What?" I question him. He was giggling as if he were a school girl who got asked to a dance by a really cute guy. It was weird.

"You never really were the one for patience," he says, making me scared.

I go stiff and just stare at him. I was confused and shocked. He could read me like a book. Only Marissa, Alex, and Justin could do that.

Noticing my sudden tenseness, he gives me furrowed brow and stands back up, refilling my water. His back was to me, letting me take notice of all the nice and powerful muscles he had developed over the years. I just wanted to run my hands over them and just-

"Erm, Zayn?" my voice was a few octaves too high (which I had only noticed a few moments ago that everything but my mind has grown). He turned around and set the glass full of water down and gives me a smile. He raised an eyebrow and motions for me to continue. I swallowed the gulp of air in my throat and meet his eyes. "Uh, how are we, er. Uh, um. How long have we . . ." I couldn't find away to put it into words. It was strange thinking of Zayn as my "husband" for a change. I always thought of him as a serious boyfriend or something of the sorts. I mean, of course one day we'd get married, but . . .

Zayn must've hinted at what I was getting at, for he had smiled. "How long have we been together?" he asked with a smile. With a nod, I look at him intently, wondering how I ended up in this whole mess. Chuckling, Zayn's face brightens, and I can tell he's already thinking about how to tell me. "Married; we've been together for two years. Our two year anniversary just passed last Tuesday. Together in general; give or take three years," he smiles at me, taking a drink of his coffee.

My eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement. "Wait, you asked me to marry you after only one year of being together?" I look up to him for the answer.

Zayn contemplated on a few things in his head - from what I could tell from the look on his face - before he finally looked back at me. "If it counts, I knew you for six months before we started dating. You actually got me over Perrie," I jerk back at the mention of her name.

But, wasn't Perrie his girlfriend? I am so confused right now, I shake my head, trying to think things thoroughly through my thoughts and try putting the pieces together.

"So . . . You and Perrie broke, up?" I asked in disbelief, looking into his beautiful brown eyes. Just yesterday he was going out with her.

Granted, yesterday could've been years and years ago, from what Zayn's telling me.

Zayn nods his head, still looking at me. I take my cheek into my hands and lean on it and search his face to see if he was fibbing. He wasn't. I hesitate for a moment before asking, "What happened, if you don't mind me asking," my voice came out just above a whisper.

Sighing, Zayn turned away from me and played with the coffee mug in his hands. His eyes strayed away and made it hard for me to see his emotions. He was hiding from me, and I was his "wife". You would think he wouldn't hide from me. "She, uh. She cheated on me," he quietly states, making me gasp out loud.

My breath gets caught in my throat and I suddenly can't breathe. Perrie had cheated on this magnificently, God-like creature standing right in front of me. She had the chance to give him everything; the world, as he did to her. She got pampered with his love, caring, and compassion. Everything I dreamed of, she got, and she just decides he isn't good enough for her anymore? What kind of sick, twisted bitch would do that to Zayn?