part 1

"I feel like my heart is empty
As I sing to the crowd.
If I live through eternity
I'd just scream aloud:
I've lost my ability
To play a sound."

It was not my first concert but I was singing as if it was my first. I looked through the crowd of brunettes, blondies and redheads, but that was not my crowd. Mine was missing.  

I let go of the microphone and stepped back a little, with my guitar in my hands. I felt my eyes stinging and watering, and I couldn't stand there, in her favorite suit, any longer. I walked where the backstage was after muttering "sorry" to the fans. I could hear the crowd complaining from behind but all was a blur to me.

I ran quickly to my dressroom, my tears, waiting to be unleashed, poured out of my eyes in streams.

_______

I sat there on the staircase, my guitar between my arms and my notebook on my lap with a pencil between my fingers. It was six PM in Norfolk, England. The sound of the -waking up- birds was heaven. The trees shook slightly as the cold wind blew by. The waves crashing in the distance was the most incredible sound you could ever hear.

These magical sounds were disturbed by the running footsteps of some Converse shoes and the pounding of a ball on a dusty basketball field to where my girlfriend and I walked everyday. I followed her there most of the time though. It was our safe haven, and my place of inspiration.

She'd play basketball all day after college until dusk and I'd play my guitar and create new songs, mostly about her.

But I usually spend most of my time watching her play; her blonde ponytail flying sideways with every jump, her tall slim legs running across the field, and I'd melt every time she looked at me with her sea blue eyes.

She won the heart of a musician, and that musician was me, Harry Styles, and I won the heart of a basketball player.

I still remember the first day I met her, about a year ago, first year at college. She was a med student, holding her books and walking out of the room with two of her friends by her sides.

I was studying in the language department, not so far from the medical one, and I met her at the door as I said, my face burning like hell as I scratched my neck "hey, would you like a cup of coffee, maybe?"

She hesitated at first, thank God I was holding my books and my guitar case, because that would tell her that I'm also a student, not a kidnapper.

She looked up at me and smiled as she nodded her head.

Day by day, month my month, I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. And here we are, in the best relationship ever.

She thought that I couldn't write any music because of the sound of the ball, but I used that sound to write my music. It was some kind of base or a metronome to me. It gave me the pace and the lyrics at the same time.

Actually I discovered that my guitar played to this sound only.

I couldn't do it with any other human being. She made my imagination spread and new music would build up in my brain, connecting each cell to the other, each string to the other, until one of my strings would pop out of its place.

I watched her with all my senses, enjoying every minute, every jump, every beat. She was my drug and I was addicted. She was my rhythm and I played to it.

Her voice created a special atmosphere where birds failed to compete and which added imagery to my lines.

My thoughts got interrupted when she said,  a smile wide on her face "come on, Harry. Come play with me for a while if you aren't going to write anything."

I replied "I'm creating a tune in my mind. If I play, it'll go away. You continue, don't worry about me."

She answered "you know you're a horrible liar, Harold. Now come on!"

I sighed and chuckled at her stubborness before she threw the ball at me to start.

Minutes later, it was out of my grasp. She was the fastest at running and snatching the ball, and I just helplessly
watched her score goals. Then she came back to me, wrapped her arms around my neck and pecked my lips ever so lightly, muttering "how I love you", then left for another round, leaving me craving for more and enjoying my defeat with a silly smile on my face, drowning in the charm of her words.

I said "I love you too."

She was the best thing that happened to me in my entire life. She was my music.

A/N: hey!! This my first chapter of my second ever story!! My first is Future {Harry Styles} so check it out if you haven't already!!

Comment what you think!

Vote, comment and share, it only takes a second!

Love ya XX