part 12

I tried.

New kids showed up to play in our dusty basketball field and I tried to create new music from their movements, but, alas, there was no rhythm for my tune.

I couldn't do it without her.

It felt different.

A thought came to my mind. What if she left me something at her house?

I scrambled to my feet as fast as I could, then sprinted to her house.

It was on sale, and I couldn't stop the lump in my throat from coming out as my eyes watered. The memories of us in that house came flooding back like a nonstop river, and I vomited nothing next to a far tree.

I wiped my mouth before I entered the house pretending I was one of those who wanted to buy it.

I walked up straight to her room, but the door was locked, and I was the only one who had the keys. I unlocked it and stepped inside.

It was still the same, all the furniture was still there. A layer of dust covered it all.

I walked to her desk, trying to find something. I opened each drawer, there was nothing in either of them, except for one which was locked.

I sighed to myself. I might have a key to her door but I don't have a key to this drawer.

My eyes caught something silver under a book. It was a key!

I tried to unlock the drawer with it, and it bloody worked!

I pulled it open to find a single thick envelope. Nothing else. My name was written on it in capital letters.

I knew that she left me something.

I heard a man saying from behind me "sir, you're not supposed to wander around like that. This room was locked so it's not for sale yet."

I turned around and walked out of the house directly to mine. I couldn't wait to see what was inside.

The door flew open and I sprinted to the couch after placing my guitar by the door.

If it was something good, I swear I'll start eating again.

I opened the envelope to find a black cassette and a folded paper.

I thought I'd read the paper then listen to the cassette.

I unfolded it while I placed the cassette on the table beside me. Louis was now sitting on the other end of the couch. A look of concern washing over his features.

He didn't say a single word as I began to read it aloud so he could hear it too,

"Dear Harry."

I paused to take a breath I didn't know I needed,

"Remember the time when you had your test the next day and you didn't come to play your music while I played basketball?"

"I recorded it all, hoping you could create a new tune for me, the last one, if I might say."

"I didn't want to break your heart, and I didn't know how to tell you without doing that, plus I didn't know how you'd react if I told you what's going on with me."

"Before I tell you, I have few things for you to take care of and to consider."

"One: always play your guitar and go to auditions, you'll make one hell of a celebrity Harry."

"Two: NEVER cut your hair, you understand me? If you do, I'll haunt you in your dreams."

"Three: don't let Louis get wasted too much, especially when I die, and you shouldn't either."

Louis interrupted "when I die? What the hell is wrong with her?!"

I felt my heart in my throat and my voice started cracking and tears threatened to pour out as I read the rest,

"Yes, I'm dying Harry. That's the part I didn't want to tell you."

"I have an incurable tumor in my brain. I discovered it that day I went to the hospital and I told you that they let us try the machines, well I tried the head CT, and yeah, it turned out I have the largest tumor the doctors have ever seen."

That made sense now, the reason she was weak and pale and always crying.

I couldn't hold my tears back now. A sob escaped my lips before Louis grabbed the paper and continued reading instead of me,

"It can't be gone by radiation or chemo, although I have started these the day after I found out."

"It's too big to take it all out. If I don't do a surgery, I'll have a week or two to live, but if I do, I'll at least have a month."

"So I'm doing the surgery in Germany where I'll find the best Neuro surgents to perform it. It had its risks, I might die. The doctors won't be able to take it all out."

"Harry, if I live, I'll come back to you. But if I don't, remember me always and remember that I always loved you."

"Never stop the music, I know you'll be someone great in the future. I'll always be proud of you and there to support you, even from the Heaven above."

"Please take care of yourself, take care of your family and Louis."

"I love you and I'll love you till eternity."

"Goodbye now, my love, see you in another world."

"Your boo, Izzie."

I was crying like I never did in my life.

What if I never saw her again?

Louis said, desperation in his voice "what if she was still alive?!"

I shook my head before I stood up and went to the front door "where are you going?"

I replied "I don't know.."

I turned the doorknob only to see someone standing on the other side.

Her father.

A/N: I'm crying!! 😭😭

Tell me what do you think!

All the love XX