part 6

I watched them as they got the OR ready around me. I heard the clinging of the tools and the beeping of the monitor. The cold air made me slightly shiver.

Dr.Shepherd came into view as she said with her ususal smile "you'll be okay Harry. You're in good hands."

I nodded as I felt the mask on my face and it was seconds later before I drifted off to sleep.

__________

She said from her desk "my head is going to explode." I suggested "then take a bloody break. You've been studying for ten hours now!"

I still had a few pages but I guess I wanted a break too. She turned in her seat to face me as she sighed "okay, I'll take a break. But only for an hour."

I nodded quickly before I got up from my bed and picked up my guitar and notebook "let's go."

Even though it's like two in the morning, we both didn't really care about anyone. She started bouncing the ball in her hands against the dusty floor for a few minutes before she started running around with it and scoring.

I should start writing a new song because the last one I wrote I played it in that park that night.

I listened carefully; the ball bouncing, her feet shuffling, the swoosh of the net whenever she scored, her soft heavy breathes as she ran across the field, and the soft wind that blew by, plus the crashing waves in the distance.

All of these sounds created such a strong harmony only musicians could hear. It was magical, it felt like I was floating on clouds.

My hands brushed the strings of my guitar, which added the final touch to a masterpiece. It added these magnificent colours of a beautiful sunset to the scene.

My hands worked on their own, and without realizing it, I've filled four full pages of musical notes and lyrics I didn't even think of.

I read them once and they were words from heaven itself. They all described my Izzie and her beauty.

I started singing and playing along, which made her stop her practice and come to sit next to me on the stairs.

She asked "who is this about Harry?"

I looked at her and continued to play the rhythm I imagined in my mind as if it was created by the surrounding sounds now, especially her ball bouncing on that floor.

I replied "about you my love."

She smiled softly before she pressed her pink lips to mine. After a while, she said "I'll go to the hospital tomorrow to try what it feels like to be an intern."

I replied "and you are..." I didn't know what she meant. Was it something good or bad?

She continued my setence "excited, and nervous at the same time. They'll let us try the machines there too."

She chuckled awkwardly as I held her hand in mine and said "don't worry, it'll be fine. Besides, you're the first in your class, they'll love you."

She replied "I love you." before she rested her head on my shoulder.

I had to carry her back home to sleep. Louis is probably at some bar, he always comes in the morning. He doesn't study at all. He should be more like me.

The next day, the same routine, except for that this time I had to drive. I dropped Louis at college then drove farther to the hospital.

Izzie gave me my goodbye kiss before she got out of the car heading towards the doors of the hospital. I drove back to college.

After our sessions, I decided to bring Louis back home to sober up from last night. I shouldn't have taken him to college today. He could barely keep up with what we took.

I didn't see Izzie on our way back home and not even at her apartment. So I thought she'd just call me when she's done.

I used that time to revise and study for tomorrow's test. I had a French test, and it was so bloody hard.

A few hours past before I heard the doorbell as it rang throughout the house. I left my books and skipped stairs as I hurried to the front door and opened it. There stood Izzie, with a smile on her face, but there was something behind that smile. She said cheerfully "hey! Let's go play basketball and play some music Harry."

I squinted my eyes at her "your test is tomorrow Izzie, shouldn't you be studying or something?"

She just shrugged "I don't care, come on."

I said "no Iz, this isn't you. I'm not playing today. We both know that we need to study. Now please go home and study. I love you so much that I really care about your future. Izzie."

Her smile got wiped away "fine. But you'll regret it later."

I replied "oh I will, but it's worth it. Plus I have to keep an eye on Louis or he'll end up wasted by the garbage dumpster. So see you tomorrow?"

She nodded with a faint grin "I love you."

"I love you too."

Then I closed the door with a sigh.

A/N: What do you think will happen?

Vote

Vote

Vote

And comment

All the love XX