chapter 8: me you and the fireworks pt 2

Kenji POV

I'm currently at her grave. I already place the offering and now it's time to pray. I clap my hands and start praying.

"Maya, I hope you're doing well up there. I always miss you. I still wish you were here with me, watching the fireworks. I miss your cooking. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss your smell. I miss how you would lecture me if I didn't do my homework. I still remember how good you were in your studies. It's a shame that you only got to experience one year of highschool. 僕は寂しいです。".

Timeskip (fireworks festival)

I arrive at the fireworks festival just in time. The fireworks will start in around 10 more minutes. Looks like I have some time to buy foods since I haven't had dinner. I go from stalls to stalls and nothing seems to interest me except this one thing...

It's onigiri. I buy the tuna and the tempura one. After I'm done eating my onigiri I buy a candy apple. Im not really into sweets thing but both Izumi and maya likes it so why don't I give it a shot.

*Bite*

"It's too sweet"

But I eat it anyways.

*The fireworks will begin in a couple minutes. Enjoy and have great night*

It's starting. While finding the right spot to watch the fireworks I accidentally bump into someone.

Kenji: "sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" I said while handing out my hand.

????: "No it's okay. Kenji kun?"

Kenji: "miku" wow karma really hit me here.

Miku: "what are you doing here? You said that you were busy with something else?" 

Kenji: "I'm sorry that I have to lie to you miku. I like to enjoy the fireworks festival alone" lying to her again huh?

Miku: "I see" I see her still not convinced with my answer.

Kenji: "didn't you say you were going to the fireworks festival with your sisters?" Yes good job start a conversation with her.

Miku: "we got sperated" she said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Kenji: "I see, then want to watch the fireworks with me?"

Miku: "I would love to" she said while smiling.

*Boom*

3rd person POV

kenji: "I don't even know why I invite her to watch the fireworks with me but my mouth just moved on its own. But now I know it's the right thing to do"

Kenji thought to himself as he watch miku smiling while watching the fireworks. When watching her smiling like this he feels something familiar, something that he already feels with a certain someone. He feels a warm and cozy feeling when he sees her smile. But he already swore to himself that he will never experienced it again. But now history has already repeat itself.

Miku: "being with him like this gave a weird feeling. A feeling that does not feel familiar at all. Even though the feeling was weird but somehow at this time I wanted time to stop"

Miku POV

( A lil flashback cuz why not)

I got sperated from my sister's because of the crowds and now I'm all alone. It's a little lonely without them at a fireworks festival. After a couple of minutes walking to find my sister's I accidentally bump into someone.