Chapter 13: Curry

Kenji POV

We woke up the next day, eat breakfast, take our things and get ready to head to the camp site. We sit at our reserved sit just like yesterday. I sit beside Kuroha san just like before. Meanwhile Miku sit far back.

The teachers was counting if the students was enough before moving. After the counting was done we begin to head to the campsite.

Nagisa: "shizuki kun, do you know what bees make?"  Is this a joke? I think so.

Kenji: "honey?" I said dumbfounded.

Nagisa POV

There I said it, a stupid dare from my friends because I lost the seventh uno game last night.

*Throwback to last night*

Nagisa: "ahhh I lost again for how many times I don't even know anymore" I said while scrunching my head.

Hana: "you're very bad at uno Nagisa chan"

Aya: "I know!! You lost the most right Nagisa?" I nodded to her question.

Aya: "then can I give you a dare?"

Nagisa: "what dare?"

Aya: "since you'll be sitting beside your beloved shizuki San tomorrow I want you to tell him this 'do you know what bees make?' and then if he's smart enough he'll reply with honey and then you'll reply with 'yes dear'. What do you say Nagisa?"

Nagisa: "I can't do that!! I'll be embarrassed to death if I do that in front of him"

Aoi: "come on Nagisa, after you said that you can just strike another conversation like how you run away from a Shiba Inu because you thought it was a wild dog from behind"

Nagisa: "I won't say that to Shizuki kun, but"

Aya,aoi and Hana: "but???"

Nagisa: "I'll do the dare"

Kenji POV

Kuroha san been quite for some time now.

Nagisa: "y-yes dear?" She said completely embarrassed and stuttering.

Kenji: "here" I said as I handed her a candy. "you were dared to do that right? I know that joke Kuroha san, to be honest I'm quite familiar with it"

She didn't take the candy that I handed to her. I open the candy wrap and bring it close to her mouth.

Kenji: "here open your mouth"  I said holding the candy close to her mouth.

Nagisa: "shizuki kun, not here!"

I put the candy in her mouth anyways.

Nagisa: "mou! Why did you do that for?"

Kenji: "you were embarrassed right? The candy might help, I don't even know where I get that idea from but it works"

Nagisa: "you and your mindless action" she said quietly but I can still hear her.

Kenji: "what was that?"

Nagisa: "nothing! Nothing at all! I'm going to take a nap now ken- I mean shizuki kun"

She open her phone first. After scrolling on social media for a bit she fell asleep. And I decide to sleep too.

Miku POV

I'm seated on the last row of the bus far away from shizuki kun. While entering and finding my seat, I found myself looking at shizuki kun with another girl. It looks like he's feeding the girl a candy.

I don't know why, but looking at him with another girl like that makes my heart hurt somehow. I feel.... Upset.
I feel like I want him to leave her there and come here to sit with me.

The bus begin moving. When the bus was halfway through the journey, most of the students on the bus was already asleep. I can see Shizuki kun sleeping. I also saw something else, that girl head was on his shoulder. I felt a burning feeling inside if me. As if she did something wrong to me which she didn't. Why am I feeling like this? Why does I feel completely hopeless right now?

I decided to ignore that feeling, I wear my headphones and play something. After that I fell asleep...

[Timeskip to the campsite]

Kenji POV

We arrived at the campsite. The teachers asked us to put our belongings at our reserved rooms. I got paired with the same six boys from yesterday. After we were done bringing in our belongings to our room. The teachers call us to go outside to make curry. Each class needs to make their own curry. The teachers told us this was a little competition between each class. The class who has the best curry gets.... Nothing. Juts a compliment from the teachers but I think that's enough to make all of the class fire up. I was task to wash the vegetables and then cut them. And I can choose my partner, before I even get to see who is free to be my partner Kuroha san came to me and ask me if she can be my partner and of course I said yes because I don't want to do this task alone.

We take the bucket that is filled with carrots, potatoes, some onions and mushrooms. We head to a free tap and begin to wash the vegetables.

Nagisa: "shizuki kun, do you know how to cook?" She said while softly scrubbing the dirt that's on a carrot.

Kenji: "I help my mother in the kitchen sometimes"

Nagisa: "I can cook various things! I always bring homemade bentos (lunchbox) with me! Oh maybe I can make some for you sometimes. If you want of course."

Kenji: "yeah if you want to do it, I don't mind. In fact I'll be grateful to you. But you don't have to force yourself to make one for me"

Nagisa POV

W-what did he just say?!!
Did he said it's okay for me to give him a daily bento box. Then wouldn't that make us look like c-couple?! No no it's only a friendly thing right nothing more. Yeah that's it, he only wants me to make him a bento box as a friendly gesture. Yeah no need to be so worked up Kuroha Nagisa! Shizuki kun doesn't have any feelings for you.

Nagisa: "then next time just bring me your bento box the day before and I'll make you a delicious bento"

Kenji: "accepted. When school starts I will give you my bento box. Like I said you don't have to force yourself to make me one."

Nagisa: "looks like all of the vegetables are clean now. Let's go chop them!"

We walk to where the students was cutting the vegetables. We grab a chopping board and start to cut the vegetables one by one. When we were busy cutting the vegetables I could feel someone looking at me for some reasons. Maybe it's just my imagination so I juts let it slide and continue cutting the vegetables.

Miku POV

I see Kenji Kun is with that girl again. Who is she anyways, why is shizuki Kun so close to her. I feel the same feeling that I was feeling in the bus. I can't control this feelings of mine, but what is this feelings. Watching them together, seeing that girl smiling at shizuki Kun knowing I could never do that. She can even cook. I hate this feelings.

Kenji POV

Me and kuroha San finished washing and chopping the vegetables. We went our separate ways because her friends call her for help so I'm basically free right now. I decided to go to the curry pot to see how it's doing right now. I can see some girls around it and I also see Miku. She is currently stirring the curry pot. I guess the curry is fine because someone is looking after it. So basically my job is done and I have nothing else to do.

Timeskip

It's dinner time now, we are now seated and is divided into group of boys and girls. After we do a little prayer and thanks the one who cooked the curry we dig in. As I dig into my class curry and putting the spoon on my mouth I could feel something.

This curry is a bit burnt

But it doesn't destroy the authentic taste of the curry paste or the vegetables sweetness. The one who cook this can fix their skill a bit but overall I enjoy this.