Chapter 9: Kaguya Shizuki

Kaguya POV

Growing up me and nii-san were really close. We would play, eat and spend time together. I always think that nothing could go wrong with my relationship with nii-san. Oh how wrong how I am.

When nii-san enters junior high or you could middle school. He met someone, someone who changed him. But she change nii-san for the better and not for the worst. They started dating when nii-san was in 2nd year of middle school. She's the one who confess first because nii-san doesn't have the gut to do that. When they were dating our relationship stay the same. Nothing really weird happen between and nii-san. She's really nice too. She always invited me to go somewhere with her alone. It was really nice having her company.

It's fun while she still around. But when nii-san turn 15. Which is the start of his highschool year. She told me something. Something that no one thought would happen. She told me that she already told nii-san that's why I don't tell him. She told me that not to tell him because if I do nii-san will become mad and depressed. She said she wanted to enjoy every second of her life with nii-san while she can. And she did.

Because I know her condition, I always let her have her time with nii-san. I know it's the right thing to do. Even though they're dating, she always invite me to go with them when they're having a date. I always refuse though, because I don't want to bother them.

Whenever they're together, nii-san always has a smile on his face. He never frown in front of her. Seeing nii-san happy is enough to make me happy.

Nii-san life cannot be better, he have everything he ever wanted. A best friend, girlfriend, loving family and good grades. It's perfect no matter how you look at it. It was a life anyone could ever dreamt of. But everything change right?

When nii-san was in 3rd year of middle school. In 2nd semester, Izumi Watanabe, nii-san best friend committed suicide. He committed suicide because of his mother death. After his mother death, his father blame it on him and started to abuse him. Because of his father, he got depression and anxiety. After a few months, he couldn't take it anymore. He hang himself from his room fan while his father were away. The one who discovered the body was nii-san. He has a weird feeling and decide to go to his house and what he saw terrified him.

His body was buried in his mother family state which is in Kyushu perfecture in Kumamoto city. We didn't get to attend the funeral because his mother family doesn't know that nii-san is his friend.
Nii-san lock himself in his for a week, he only go out to eat or to use the bathroom.

But Maya nee-san is there to comfort him. She would come to our place everyday. Day by day, nii-san starting to get a little better. He start going out again.

At first I thought there's nothing that could go wrong anymore. But I'm wrong. Her time has come to an end.

May 4th, during spring. Maya Suzuki breathed for the last time. She has fight her illness for 3 years. But she still lose. What a cruel world we live in. That one person that nii-san cherished is gone and nothing can bring her back.

We attend her funeral. When the funeral was held, it's raining showing that even the sky was sad. No one smile or laugh in here. It's a funeral after all. Everyone cry, her parents, her older sister and of course her boyfriend.

While Maya nee-san father was giving a speech, he invited nii-san to give some words in honor of his daughter death. Nii-san words was this:

"The world truly is a cruel place, isn't it? We live and then we die. If you don't have a reason to live then it would be useless to live. But if you do die, make sure you already happy with your life"
- Kenji Shizuki

The whole guest went silent. Nii-san words was dark but it's the painful truth. After everyone was done giving their speech, people start to go home little by little.

When I'm about to ask nii-san if he wants to go home yet, he said "no, not yet. I still want to know the real reason Maya died"

I'm speechless. Nii-san doesn't know the reason why Maya nee-san died. That means he doesn't know her condition too.

____________

Kenji: "you can go home if you want Kaguya" he said emotionless.

Kaguya: "I'm not leaving you here alone" I said with determination in my voice.

kenji: " do whatever you want" after he said that , we go to meet Maya nee-san parents.

_________

Mr Shizuki: "what is it that you want to know, Kenji?"

Kenji: "I want to know the reason behind Maya death. What killed her. And how much has she been suffering"
After nii-san said that Mr Shizuki eyes went wide.

Before Mr Shizuki could answer, his other daughter which is Maya nee-san sister come up to us.

Megumi: "perhaps I can tell you that. Papa you should go rest right now, you must be tired from the funeral and all."

Mr Shizuki: "then I'll be going, excuse me" he said while standing up and proceed to walk to his room.

Kenji: "I want to kno-" before nii-san could finish his sentence, Maya nee-san sister cuts him.

Megumi: "I already know what you want to know. But I need to know one thing. Kaguya, do you know about this?"

Kaguya: "I do" nii-san eyes went wide when I said those two words.

Kenji: "y-you do? What do you mean you do?"

Megumi: "calm down can't you. Tomorrow meet me at my sister favorite cafe at 10:00 am. Don't be late or be curious your whole life"

After that we left the Suzuki household and went home.

And I don't know what happened at the cafe, nii-san didn't tell me anything about it.
_____________

In the end I couldn't finish the next chapter. I'm sorry to say this but. I have lost my motivation in this book.... I know it's still a long way to go. But I don't think I'm suited to write a anime fanfic. I always give you guys fake hope. So I hope you guys doing well.

If I had the motivation I'll continue this book. Till next time.

ShinTooru out