Chapter 14: asking him out

Kenji POV

After I finished the curry, I go wash my dish and head to my room. After 10 minutes of being inside my room, the teachers call for everyone to give us task. I was tasked to be a secret jump scare for the test of courage, I need to wear a black robe and blonde wig. *sigh* why did they pick me anyways. The teachers said the costume is with Fuutaro, I go to him and ask him the costume and he give it to me. The costume is a black cloak, a wig and mask.

*Sigh* out of all the students in my class why me. I goes to my designated spot and wait for the student to come so that I can scare them.

In about 10 minutes of waiting, my first victim have come. It was two boys who's not in my class. I fix my mask and stand up from the bushes

Kenji: "boo" *while opening his cloak to imitiate a bat*

The boys: "AHHHHH *and ran away screaming*

Welp, that was easy. After scaring in about ten more group of students, kuroha San and her friend come to my spot.

Nagisa: "Aya chan I'm scared," *holding onto Aya's sleeve*

Aya: "it's okay nagisa chan, I'm here to protect you" *while shivering*

Nagisa: "but aya chan, you're shivering"

Aya: "it's cold today"

As they got closer to my spot I stand up from the bushes and scare them.

Kenji: "boo" *while doing a bat pose with his cloak*

Aya: AHHH *about to run but nagisa pull her sleeve*

Nagisa: "is that you shizuki Kun?"

Kenji: "surprise surprise, it is me" I said as I remove my mask

Aya: "phew we're saved nagisa chan"

Nagisa: "shizuki Kun, why are you the ghost in the test of courage? Isn't that class 2A job? "

Kenji: "the teachers was desperate to find a new replacement, it's fine though. If I do this meaning I don't have to take the test. And speaking of which you better get going another group might be coming"

Nagisa: "uhm! See you later shizuki Kun"

As they go away I continue to scare group of students until the last group come. When the test ends, I head to the assembling site to give back my costume to the teachers after that I head back to my room to get some rest.

Nagisa POV

Yesterday was a blast, what could be better than yesterday. Shizuki Kun even pay more attention to me, he even want me to make him a bento box, a bento box! If things go on like this confessing will be easy. But I don't know Shizuki Kun that much yet so I don't wanna rush things. Oh yeah tonight, there's a dance around the campfire. Should I ask him if he want to dance with me or not? I'm gonna ask my friend that later.

As I was getting ready to ski, my friend, Aya chan call out to me.

Aya: "nagisa chan, are you gonna ask shizuki Kun to dance with you around the bonfire?"

How did she know?!

Nagisa: "I'm planning to, but I don't know yet. Should I do it Aya chan?"

Aya: "I think you should go for it!" She said while doing a thumbs up

We finished getting ready and head out to the ski lounge. We can see a lot of students already. Everyone is enjoying themselves, there's even couple enjoying themselves.

As me and my friends were about to start skiing, I saw Shizuki Kun by the walls with his snowboard and he looks like he's not going anywhere. I told my friends to go ahead without me and I approach him.

Nagisa: "hi shizuki Kun!" I said happily

Kenji: "greetings, what brings you here" he asked

Nagisa: "you. I-i mean you look lonely here alone so I thought I come here and greet you for a bit you know haha" I said while stuttering to almost all of my words. I can see a smile forming on shizuki Kun mouth

Kenji: "that's nice of you Nagisa san" he said.

He said.. HE SAID MY NAME.

Nagisa: "you use my name... You can call me by that if you want" I said while blushing

Kenji: "I accidentally said it, sorry if it offended you but since you give me permission I'll use it. You can call me Kenji too if you want" he said

Nagisa: "okay then Kenji Kun. Oh and I have something to ask..." I said while fidgeting with my hand

Kenji: "what is it?"

Nagisa: "will you please dance with me during the bonfire dance tonight?" I did it, I asked him

Kenji: "it'll be my pleasure Nagisa san" he said while giving me a little smile

Nagisa: "I'll see you tonight then" I said while picking up my stuff and ready to head back to my friends.

Kenji: "bye bye" he said while waving at me.

I can't help but feel excited as I make my way to my friends. Kenji Kun said yes!

Kenji POV

I smile a bit as I saw nagisa san run away excitedly.  I haven't go to any dances since like middle school. This'll be a  nice change of pace. Maya, I hope this is the right thing to do.

After she left, I grab my snow board and went to the skiing part of the campsite.

Miku POV

That girl, I've been seeing shizuki Kun talking to her a lot since the camping trip started and I can't help but feel jealous.  As they were talking with each other I can see the girl's eyes lit up and then she ran away happily, I wonder what did she say and I hope its not asking him to the dance because I was about to do it today. To that girl, whoever you are, prepare yourself.

_____________________

Total words counting: 948 words

Hi shintooru here, it's been a while I know. But this is not an announcement for regularly updates but I think I can update once in a while now. Well that's all

ShinTooru out!