e i g h t e e n

Why is it so hard to get over someone? It's been three days. Three fucking days since Blaise dragged Olivia and I to his dorm and told us Draco liked Angelina. In these past three days, I've noticed Draco becoming more nice to people, he always has a soft smile on his lips, he acts dreamy. I've also noticed Angelina talking to Tayson more and how she's been at the Slytherin table a lot but not sitting beside Draco.

I was sitting on the bench of the Slytherin table in the great hall for breakfast. I sat between Blaise and Draco as Olivia sat in front of me. Draco had his chin placed on his palm as he watched Angelina at the Ravenclaw table. "If you're that in love with her Draco then go sit with her." Olivia spoke.

Draco looked at her, "You know I cant liv." Liv. Draco has NEVER called Olivia 'liv'.

Olivia looked at me then to Blaise with a surprise expression. Both Blaise and I shrugged in response. The rest of breakfast was the usual, people having conversations, Dumbledore greeting us good morning, ect.

-

I sat beside Olivia in potions class. Snape was going over notes of a new potion we were learning about but I wasn't paying attention. All I could think about is how Draco could like Angelina. He's never said or gave any signs that he liked her, so how come all of a sudden he likes her?

Olivia nudged me in the side, causing me let out a quiet groan. I looked over to see her eyes behind me. Confused, I turned my head to see Draco staring at Angelina. I rolled my eyes, leaning closer to Olivia. "Don't you think it's kinda weird?"

"What?" Olivia questioned.

"Draco. Like he's never said anything about liking Angelina." Olivia shrugged her shoulders. The rest of the class I pretended to pay attention to Snape.

-

I walked through the halls of Hogwarts, heading to the library where I was to meet Blaise, Olivia and Draco. As I walked past the opened potions classroom, I overheard familiar voices.

"Hurry up before he comes back!" A girl whisper-shouted.

"Can't you see I'm going as fast as I can?" A boy whispered back. I stopped at the door, hiding behind a wall so they couldn't see me.

"I need it before the potion I gave him yesterday wears off." The girl stated. A confused look took over my face.

"This was your idea Angelina. You wanted Draco and I wanted Scarlett but they were too busy fucking each other to notice us." The boy spoke.

Angelina?

"Don't blame this on me Tayson, you're just as much apart of this as I am." The girl defended.

Tayson?
It all makes sense.

I processed everything I've just heard. I practically run to the library. I burst through the doors, scanning every corner to find the trio. I spot them in the far left corner of the library. Rushing over to them, I sat beside Blaise as the three of them looked at me like I was crazy. I caught my breath before speaking, "I need to tell you guys something."

"What is it?" Blaise questioned.

"I know the reason why Draco all of a sudden likes Angelina.." I whispered so Draco couldn't hear. Olivia gave me a look as to continue. "I overheard Angelina and Tayson in Snapes class making some kind of potion. Angelina said she needs the potion before the one she gave Draco yesterday wears off. And I've put two and two together and found out that-" I was cut off by Olivia and Blaise.

"Love potion.." they said in sync.

"What are you guys talking about?" Draco stared at us waiting for an answer.

"Nothing Draco." Blaise replied.

"Why would she use love potion on him?! That has to be against the school rules." Olivia was angry about this.

"I heard Tayson say Angelina wanted Draco and Tayson wanted me but-"

"Okay, we're reporting this to Dumbledore." Olivia stood up. Blaise followed her, "Scarlett, stay here with Draco." And with that, they both walked off.

Draco sat there writing away on a piece of parchment as I watched what he wrote. A tap was felt on my shoulder, I turned around to see Angelina with a small glass in her hand. The love potion.

"Why are you sitting with Draco?" Angelina questioned with her usual annoying preppy voice. A disgusted look appeared on my face as I looked her up and down. "We're studying. But also why would it be any of your business?"

"He happens to be in love with me." Her mouth slightly open as she walked to Draco's side, linking her arm with his. Draco looked up at her with a confused look. "If you don't mind, please leave." She smiled.

I let out a breathy laugh as I sat back into my chair and crossed my arms, "I don't think I will. Draco and I are studying. Now if you don't mind, please leave." I smiled as I used her words against her. She dropped Draco's arm and stomped out of the library. Draco sat there, staring at me. "What?" I questioned.
His eyes went back down on the parchment as a smirk approached his lips.

Olivia and Blaise came rushing back into the library, Blaise sat beside me as Olivia sat by Draco. "Okay so we informed Dumbledore about it and he said that students making love potions out of class and without a teacher has been banned from Hogwarts for many years." Olivia informed me.

"He also said that he will be talking to them." Blaise finished.

"Who's Dumbledore talking to?" Draco asked, looking at the three of us. "Should we tell him?" Blaise whispered. Olivia nodded as I didn't get to answer.

Blaise began to speak, "Draco we need to tell you something. You don't actually like Angelina, she's been putting love potion in your drinks." Draco froze. "And how do you know this?"

"Scarlett overheard Angelina and Tayson talking." Olivia pointed at me. My eyes landed on her, my face showed that I didn't want her to say that. Draco looked at me, "You? Of course it would be you, Scarlett. Trying to ruin my shot of happiness."

"Draco, she's using a love potion on you. Snap out of it and get it through you mind that you don't actually love her." I snapped. Blaise and Olivia watched as Draco and I stood up. "Oh yeah, then why don't you prove it." Draco stormed out of the library as Blaise got up to follow him. I slumped down into my chair looking at Olivia, "Did you have to say that?" Olivia shrugged as a reply.

-

It was the next day and Draco has been slowly coming back from the love potion. He hasn't been admiring Angelina as much as he usually does, which is great to me knowing that Angelina hasn't been around him to slip some more love potion into his drink. Tayson actually came to my dorm last night, asking if I wanted to hang out today after classes. To make it not suspicious since I've hung out with him a few times this week, I said yes.

I was getting dressed to meet Tayson. I had on some ripped jeans, a black cropped tank top, grey jacket and some white shoes. I had convinced Tayson to not go to Hogsmeade seeing how the last time was. Even though I know what I've picked out isn't going to be any better. I checked myself in the mirror as Olivia came out of the bathroom. "So tell me, if you don't like him and you now know that Draco was under a love potion, why are you still hanging out with that loser?"

"I told you already Liv. Tayson and I are only going to the black lake and once we get there I'm telling him I know what him and Angelina did to Draco." I turned to see Olivia nodding. "Now if you'll excuse me, I was supposed to meet him two minutes ago." I walked out of the door and into the common room.

We walked down the hill to the black lake, it was around six so it was getting dark. We talked about a few things but mostly sat in silence, listening to the water from the black lake and the air breeze.  Once we were sitting in silence once again, I thought, Just tell him Scarlett, don't wait.

"I need to talk to you Tayson." He turned his head to my direction, shooting a bright smile at me. "Go ahead."

"So I overheard a conversation you were having and-" I got cut off before I could finish.

"Ahh, well why won't we have a look here..."