2 - The Lost Queen

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

After a quiet, and rather awkward ride in our speeder, Anakin and I arrived at the Senate building. I once again left before he did and jogged down the ramp, stopping in place to wait for him. I had only ever been here about two other times in my life, so I wasn't very familiar with the labyrinth of rooms that lived within this large premises.

I peeked into the pocket of my robe and made sure my holo-communicator was still there; then exhaled in satisfaction when I saw it still residing at the bottom of my pocket.

I heard Anakin's footsteps come up beside me and I turned my head, seeing some files in his hands. "Do we have everything?" I asked.

He glanced at me with a blank expression, and then focused his gaze back forward again and nodded once.

He walked ahead of me in long strides, causing his black robe to fly behind him like a cape. I rolled my eyes at his dull response, "Good talk." I muttered.

I fast-walked behind him to catch up to his relatively quick pace, and stopped beside him when we reached the large double doors. He opened them with a key card that was already in his possession, since all Jedi Masters were given one. We walked inside still without saying anything, but it wasn't as awkward since I occupied myself by admiring the style and architecture of each room we passed. The walls of the hallway were a blood velvet red and the ground was a glittery marble white, as well as the ceiling.

It was a bit strange though; I didn't see or sense anyone else in the building. But then of course, I remembered that we were here at an atrocious hour of the day, so the members of the Senate probably weren't even in their offices yet.

Anakin abruptly stopped outside of a room at the end of the hallway we were walking down, and typed in some sort of code to open the door. When it opened, as I suspected, no one was in there. Anakin gazed around the room for a moment with furrowed eyebrows, "Why is no one here?" He asked aloud.

I shrugged, "They must've known you were coming." I said half-jokingly.

He shot me a glare but I just smiled innocently at him. He rolled his eyes and set the files down on the nearest chair, "Well, we're still gonna have to wait for one of the members to arrive. As annoying as it is, they have to proofread through the files to make sure it's all correct." He grumbled.

Perfect, now is my chance to contact my mother.

"In that case," I snatched the key card from his hand, "I'm going to use the washroom. I'll be back."

Anakin narrowed his eyes at me, "Why didn't you use it earlier?"

I huffed and gave him a look that said 'Really?' "You're the one that forced me to wake up at the crack of dawn, which should be illegal, in my opinion." I muttered the last part, and sighed, "I have no time to use it because I'm always being bossed around by you to get ready every five seconds."

He stepped closer to me and smirked amusedly, "Well maybe if you actually got out of bed when I tell you to instead of laying in it and sulking for twenty minutes, then you'd have the time." He said matter-of-factly, as if his suggestion was the only plausible solution.