24 - Qui-Gon Jinn

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

"Someone certainly had an eventful night." My mother smirked knowingly as I sat down in a gold and brown victorian chair in her office.

I froze for a moment before fully sitting down, my hands rested on the armrests. "What do you mean?" I asked in a leveled tone as I sat down.

That's not the first thing I expected her to say upon seeing me after I was just kidnapped and almost killed by my sisters' psycho dead boyfriend. Everyone is still reeling from it; especially Aero and Avery. I imagine they'll need time to themselves for a while.

I came in to talk to my mother just now to check in, show her that I was alright, and to find out why I had to go back to the Temple today. It's been gnawing on me all morning. But I guess that conversation will have to wait until we're done with this one.

Her eyebrows rose in amusement as she sat across from me in an identical chair while carefully grabbing a porcelain cup of tea from her desk. "You know what I mean. You're not as secretive as you think, my love."

Even though my heart was beating with anticipation, I shook my head and tried to look as confused as possible, "I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

She sighed, "(y/n), you're forgetting that I was your age at one point in my life. I've had my fair share of spending nights with your father before we were married, only to sneak out of his room early the next morning."

My heart dropped for a moment as I fully realized that she somehow knew what happened last night. Though I don't know how, since her room is nowhere near mine and Anakin's, and I assumed that I currently look the same as I usually do. But there was no hint of anger present in her tone or expression, so I began to have hope that she wasn't upset about it.

I chuckled nervously, "What gave it away?"

"Well," My Mom looked me up and down as she drew the word out, "Your robes are incredibly wrinkled, you're wearing your hood up inside, your lips are chapped, the way you're walking is unusually crooked, and you're practically glowing. I can tell from the dazed look in your eyes."

Just when I thought that I could never have a more embarrassing conversation, this moment right here proved me wrong. I pressed myself further into my chair, hoping it would swallow me.

"Are you mad?" I asked quietly.

It didn't seem like she was angry, necessarily, but I was getting the sense that she wasn't exactly happy either.

We've only ever talked about the concept of love in a joking manner, and I wasn't sure how she felt about me being involved with someone who wasn't a royal or even a nobleman. Truth be told, I don't know if that's still a rule for royal families, or if it's just something they did in ancient times. There's still a lot I don't know.

She shook her head and put her tea back down on the table, looked at me with an earnest expression while reaching out one of her hands to place over my own, "I'm not angry, my love. I promise."

"Okay." I nodded slowly, and gave her hand a loving squeeze in return, "But you're not happy either?" I meant it as a statement but it came out sounding more like a question.

She sighed and glanced down to the floor for a few moments, clearly in thought. I wondered what she was thinking about all of this. I had never verbally expressed any interest in Anakin to her, but because of how smart I just found out she is, she must have already known from the beginning about how I felt about him.