23 - No Secrets

*:.. o ..:*

(a/n): This chapter is mostly fluff because I think we need more of that in our lives🥰

Alastair POV:

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

One task. I ask one simple task of people I assume I can trust, and twice this week I've been let down. That rogue servant I can understand, but Luca took me by surprise. He was a loyal spy for quite a while, which is why I assumed he would make the sacrifice I asked of him. But he failed me when I ultimately needed him the most.

I scoffed to myself. He was naive to think I would just give him Alderaan; him, a novice palace guard with no knowledge or experience in leading. He wouldn't have lasted a day.

In the end, I realize that asking him to make a sacrifice like that may not have been the wisest choice. It appears he was more loyal to his little girlfriend than to me.

And look where that got him. Love is a weakness. That's what my father taught me. And Luca's apparent death only proved it further.

After that little stunt he pulled trying to threaten me by threatening (y/n), I began to doubt my entire plan.

But what he did not know is that I had been prepared for an incident of treachery on his end. Another lesson I learned from my father is that in this world, you can trust no one. People will always let you down.

But anyway, when I gave Luca his comlink to communicate with me, I deliberately had the device programmed to record every conversation he indulges in at the mere push of a button. So now, I have both (y/n)'s confession of her being Queen and the Jedi's involvement from the cave. Despite my original plan not working, there is still much I can do to destroy her life, should she not comply.

Yes, even though she's safe and still available to take my offer, I didn't accomplish what I had hoped would happen at the ball. I wanted to pose empty threats so that she'd go crawling back to her little Jedi Temple—which I now know the exact location of; Luca wasn't entirely useless—but now I'll have to find another way to get her back there.

Then a thought occurred to me.

I'm—usually—a man of my word, and that applies to this situation seeing as I gave her a month to consider my offer, and in that time I still need to prepare for how to respond if she says no. But, what if I changed the game? I have proof of her true identity, which she has spent her life trying to protect. If that isn't incentive to make her take my offer, then she will surely have declared war.

My frustration quickly shifted into hope as I formulated a plan drive her back to the Temple. I grinned as it all molded together in my brain. It seems almost too easy, but I won't complain now. This recording is my insurance policy, if you will, but I still have work to do before I can threaten her with it. I have no doubt she'll be going back within the next day, and from then on, she'll have to spend her remaining time looking over her shoulder twice as much.

All because of a little rumor I plan to spread tonight.

(y/n) POV:

I woke up peacefully in a familiar position; wrapped in Anakin's arms. Only this time, I didn't freak out or try to escape. And also this time, he was awake at the same time as me.