5 - Likable

*:.. o ..:*

(a/n): I know I've already said this but I just want to reiterate that for a lot of aspects in this story like the planets, government systems, and characters; I'm going to be doing a lot of improvising to make it all more interesting and fitting with the plot. Hope that's okay :)

(y/n) POV:

"Hello, my sweet girl. You look as beautiful as ever." My mother greeted with a warm smile on her face.

My heart burst with happiness to see her again; aside from my sister, my Mom was my motivation, my support, and the main reason that I've gotten to where I am today. She's decorated her life to leading my planet and teaching me everything I need to know about being a fair and bold leader, just like my father was.

Oh, how I wish I could see both of them in person, just once. Listening to stories of when they ruled together was nice, but it could never compare to actually experiencing it.

A wave of emotion washed over me as I remembered why I needed to talk to her, and for a moment I felt as if I was a little kid complaining to her about bruising my knees. If only my problems were that simple and innocent, but they sadly aren't. Instead, I'm coming to her with threats from our biggest enemy, and a decision that could cost everyone's lives and freedom.

I swallowed back my prying emotions, "As much as I wish we could talk more about non-political matters, I have to tell you that I've made a decision.....about King Alastair's request." I began, attempting my best confident voice.

She nodded and softened her cheerful gaze into one that said "I support whatever you choose."

Though I knew that was true, I also knew that my choice will impact her greatly, since she'll have to do twice as much work to protect the palace.

I sighed and held my head high, making it clear that my decision was final, "I will not marry him. If I did that, everything we've worked so hard for over the years will be for nothing. And if we give in so easily, then what kind of kingdom would we be? Even if we go down, at least we'll go down fighting." I believed what I was saying but my optimism sounded slightly forced, which it was considering my fear of the unknown.

We didn't know the extent of King Alastair's power, all we knew for sure was that his kingdom on Dantooine wasn't as strong as ours. But I didn't want to get cocky just yet, because something I've learned over the years is that an enemy is always full of unexpected surprises.

She closed her eyes and nodded, taking in my decision and the new gravity of this situation. I quickly glanced left and right to reassure myself that no one else was here. I locked the door and inspected every stall before calling my mother, but someone like me can never be too safe. And though I knew it was still too early in the morning for anyone to be awake—with the exception of Obi-Wan, for some reason—I had to keep my voice down in case any Jedi in the halls could hear me while passing by. One advantage of being a Jedi, though, was that I could sense if someone was close enough where I knew they were about to walk in on my calls.

As much as I disliked doing this in a public washroom, it's the best available space where I'm least likely to be interrupted.

My mother sighed, which caused my attention to snap back to her, and I saw that she was giving me a sad smile, "You have this fire inside of you that I haven't seen since your father was alive. You really are just like him."

My heart leapt to my throat as I felt another wave of emotion flood in my chest. I almost wanted to cry, because I was both happy and sad from her words, and I could tell she was too. I blinked back tears that were about to form at my eyes and took a deep breath.