7 - Theory of Everything

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

Crap.

I stood frozen in place for a moment as Anakin's footsteps grew closer, and the distance between himself and the closed door to his room shortened. My heart began to pound against my chest so loudly that I could hear it ringing in my ears; Though I knew it was useless, I frantically looked around the room for an escape route before he inevitably walks in. But I knew that there was none, I pretty much trapped myself in here.

Of course this would happen to me, I have the worst luck.

My heart dropped as I accepted that there was no way out of this now. I'd have to face whatever hell Anakin would rain on me for being in his quarters without permission. Out of all things I do that annoy him, this would probably make it to the top of the list.

With little time left to think, I stealthily tiptoed over to his couch in the corner of the room which was piled with more clothes, and hid behind it.

Maybe when he goes to use his washroom, I can sneak out without being seen.

I stationed myself behind his couch, and desperately tried to calm my pulse so that he couldn't easily sense it. I also quieted my breathing as much as possible by pulling my shirt over my nose, taking long and silent breaths.

Finally, the door opened and closed as Anakin entered his room with an exhausted sigh. My curiosity got the better of me, so I peeked out from behind the couch. He thankfully wasn't facing my direction and took off his robe and, unsurprisingly, tossed it onto his bed.

I rolled my eyes at how much worse he was making his room, how does he find anything in here?

I saw him pause for a moment after he threw his robe off. He stood still and turned his head back and forth, as if scanning the room. My heartbeat quickened again; did he know I was here?

After a moment more of just standing there, he suddenly went straight into the washroom without another glance back. I watched in confusion at how random that was, but I wasn't complaining.

I must be in the clear.

A flood of relief washed over me as I made sure that he wasn't in sight, and instantly bolted out from behind the couch and straight to the door. My heart was racing as I reached for the doorknob; I was going to make it.

But then my relief was washed away when out of nowhere, my body was swiftly pinned to the floor as a hand roughly clasped around my neck and held me down, while I felt two legs straddle over my stomach. I winced from the sudden contact but was grateful that the piles of clothes broke my fall from being too harsh. For a short moment I saw stars; everything around me swirled as the after effects of being moved so quickly settled into my brain.

"(y/n)?" The unmistakable voice of Anakin asks confusedly, and his grip on my neck loosens as I felt his body relax. As my dizzy vision returns to normal, I look up to see him with a lightsaber to my neck in his other hand, which he quickly puts away into his belt upon realizing my presence.

"Yes it's me. Now let me go, you idiot." I growled in irritation; I was pissed that he had so easily overpowered me when my guard was down. I tried getting up from under him but he just pushed me back down to the floor by my neck, "What are you doing in my room?" He demanded in a low, and quiet tone; though there was evident anger in his voice which embarrassingly made me whiter in fear.