3 - At Twilight

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

Anakin left down the ramp of the ship before me this time, and waited while I put my robe on, discreetly checking that the holo-communicator was still in the pocket of it. I was definitely stressing too much about checking my pockets, but I really couldn't risk it falling into the wrong hands where anyone could contact my family. And by 'the wrong hands', I mean pretty much anyone except for Yoda, who I'm still itching to talk to.

When I eventually ambled down the ramp, Anakin still stood in the same spot with his arms crossed, and was tapping his foot impatiently.

A faint smirk tugged at my lips and I purposely slowed down, taking shorter, plodding steps. I pretended like I was enjoying the scenery around me, even though it was just the outside of the Temple, which I've seen more times than I can count.

He growled in annoyance as I got closer, "Must you always idle everywhere?"

I gave him a fake sweet smile and hopped off of the bottom of the ramp, "Impatience isn't a good look on you, Master." I walked a few steps past him and then spun around, but still kept walking backwards, "But then again, nothing is a good look on you."

I spun back around and began jogging over to Yoda's quarters when I suddenly felt my movements come to a halt. I tried moving but then I realized my body was held in place by the force. "What now?" I groaned.

Anakin appeared in front of me with his natural apathetic expression, "Don't think that you're off the hook just yet for that M.I.A. performance you gave back at the Senate building. At twilight, meet me in the training room for another session."

"Another one?" I whined dramatically, "But we already did a ridiculously long one yesterday."

Anakin purposely drags out our training sessions because he believes that it'll 'build character' and 'diminish my insubordination', and he always keeps me behind longer than he's supposed to. Training with him is sometimes more exhausting than our actual missions.

He stepped closer to me and crouched so that we were at eye level, and from the close distance I could see every detail of the permanent scar next to his eye, "And they'll keep getting longer until you decide to start listening to me. Got it?"

He continued to look at me with impassive features, unchanging as he calmly waited for my response. I was irritated with how superior he was acting towards me; his subtly cocky tone in the way he spoke caused a rush of anger to flare inside of my chest. I wanted to kick him right in his imperious balls.

But I knew he wouldn't let me go until I agreed, and I still have to talk to Yoda, so I wasn't really up for another round of bickering. I rolled my eyes, "Fine."

His expression was still unchanging as he nodded, satisfied with my response and stood back up from his crouching position, and then released his force hold on me. I sighed in frustration and brushed myself off, speed-walking past him.

"Toffee-nosed asshole." I said through my mind, knowing he could hear.

"Incompetent nimrod." He snapped back.

While still walking forward, I stuck my left hand out behind myself and flipped him the bird. I know it's not very 'Queen-like' to do something like that, but Anakin is the exception since he's always purposely getting on my last nerve. When he didn't say anything about it, I smirked amusedly as I turned a corner at the end of the hallway. Once again, I know we're both unapologetically childish, but we don't care, even though it causes us to be aberrantly petty.