32 - Endgame

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV

"Yes." I responded to Yoda with a shaky note in my voice, my heart palpitating brutally as I did so. "I am ready."

I have never been so terrified in my life. It felt cruel, how much this took a mental, emotional, and physical toll on me. Every inch of my body, inside and out, every neuron and pulse in my brain fluctuated violently, thrashing around like a bird in a cage. I don't know how I haven't vomited yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within these next five minutes.

My careworn mind was glissading down every part of my body, slithering like a snake, poisoning my veins. I couldn't bear to stand another moment fearing the inevitable future. Without thinking I charged forward, running down multiple hallways, and practically barricading through the main Temple doors before I could let my worries stop me any further.

I burst out into the cascading light of day, awaiting to see a battalion of Mandalore's soldiers lined up, in a period of interlude, anticipating my own arrival.

But I saw no such thing. The landing space was barren. "What?" I whispered so quietly, that even I could barely hear myself.

Almost stumbling over myself, I raced to the edge of the platform, hanging by a thread of hope that maybe they were just late? Or coming up from below? I looked down, into the abyss of Coruscant's underworld. All I saw were mini speeders racing by, but no sign of the Mandalorians that Obi-Wan told me to look out for. I suddenly felt horrendously dumb just standing here.

But Yoda said the battalion was here. The plan is that they would escort me back into the Temple so I could inform the Council, and that I would have protectors on all sides of me to prepare for Alastair's insoluble plan.

Yoda wouldn't lie to me, but is it possible he could have been wrong?

I suddenly thought back to Anakin's prolonged disappearance. Not receiving any word from him. And Yoda telling me there was never any Council meeting. The realization hit me like ice cold water, sending waves up to my brain that practically rattled my ground. Now I felt like a sitting duck.

"You seem to be missing something." A cold, sinister voice spoke from behind me.

Chills rippled through my body, but they didn't feel cold. It felt as if my bones had been set ablaze. A riveting sensation of ice and fire consumed my mind and body, and I thought I might fulminate into a billions of pieces of dust at any moment. But not only that. Deep within myself I sensed foggy, unintelligible visions. Past meeting present, foreknowledge and prescience colliding as my Jedi powers put all the pieces together. This was meant to happen. This moment right now, and nothing could have ever stopped it. I don't know why or how I know this now, but I do.

I turned around slowly, shaking with fear, knowing I was about to come in contact with nothing like ever before. I felt pathetic for how petrified I was becoming but something inside of me knew that I would not get out of this easily.

My heart dropped in horror as I laid my eyes upon a terrifying figure, completely covered in a black cloak with pale skin, and glowing amber eyes. Lifetimes seemed to have passed as I gaped in utter fear at whoever this being was, but really it was only about three seconds before what happened next.

He smiled evilly at my undisclosed terror. I had never felt so much dismay and confusion as I did right now; I was told to plan on finally revealing my existence after all these years, making known that the rightful heir to Alderaan's throne is alive. Hopefully get the Jedi on my side, along with Mandalore's batallions. But now....I just have this gut feeling. This feeling by looking at this heinous figure, radiating with darkness and hate, that something very, very awful is going to shatter every happy ending I had hoped to achieve today.