4 - Something in Common

*:.. o ..:*

(y/n) POV:

Anakin chewed the inside of his cheek, and then inhaled deeply as he thought of an answer. The way he paused only made me more nervous, and the searing pain in my forehead wasn't ebbing at all. I clenched my fists and wriggled my toes to distract myself from the feeling of fire in my brain. It was taking everything in me to not cry in front of Anakin; he's the one person I won't allow myself to break down in front of.

He finally exhaled and pulled out a small cloth from the first-aid kit, and poured some of the liquid from the small bottle onto it. "You'll be fine, but I have a feeling that there'll be a scar just above your eyebrow, like mine." He shrugged.

I scoffed in disbelief and stretched my legs out on the ground from where I held them against my chest, as he closed the small bottle and set it down beside himself, "So not only will I have a scar, but now I'm going to look like you?"

This day really is a nightmare.

He smirked without looking at me, "You should be happy, (y/n). If you look like me, then maybe you'll actually be attractive."

I narrowed my eyes and was about to fire back at him, when he suddenly moved one of his legs over both of mine, and sat on his knees over my shins. I instinctively scooted backwards only for my back to forcefully hit the wall, "What do you think you're doing?" I asked skeptically.

He rolled his eyes as I felt his weight settle lightly on my shins, "Relax, moron. I'm just trying to get a better angle of your cut so I can see if you need stitches."

I nodded but stiffened as he got closer to me, scrutinizing my forehead intently. This is the closest distance we've ever been to each other, and it was so awkward. If anyone walked in the training room right now, they'd probably have so many questions about the position we're in. I could feel my features scrunch uncomfortably as I stared up at him, carefully watching his every move. Tensing my body didn't exactly make the burning in my cut go away, so I squinted my eyes slightly to alleviate it.

He glanced down at me for a moment and then huffed, looking back to my forehead, "Stop looking at me like that." He grumbled, breaking the silence.

I blinked a couple of times in confusion as my posture relaxed slightly, "Like what?"

He took the small cloth that was in his hand and began gently dabbing it on the burn above my eyebrow, making me wince and slightly hit the back of my head against the wall. "Like I grew three heads." He muttered irritably.

I scoffed at his response but didn't say anything back. He shuffled closer to me on his knees so that he was now hovering over my quads, and his chest was almost touching my nose.

It's bad enough being in the same room as him, but being this close was torture. "Can you hurry up? This is getting weird, and from here I can smell your cheap vanilla cologne more than usual." I complained while tilting my head back to look at him. Even though his scent was actually pretty nice, it was way too strong from where I sat.

His attention broke from my wound and he looked straight down at me, almost making me shrink back when I realized how much bigger and taller he was than me, especially in this position. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.