::Dream x Male Reader::

Not proofread
Warnings: nightmares, death, fire
This one was probably rlly disturbing but it gets better in the end ^^
———————————————

"How long are you going to keep streaming?" Loud clicking could be evidently heard from the dimly lit room. "Uhhh.." he murmured softly as he took his eyes away from the bright screen towards his desk clock. "One more hour (y/n), just one more" he said lightly laughing at something one of his friends said. I sighed as my grip on the door handle loosened.

"I'll be quick I swear!" He said with an apologetic smile. "You know I've been getting those nightmares again..." I told him, my eyes  never leaving my socks. "Wait what you say? Sorry I couldn't hear you over George's whining" dream said moving one earphone off of his ear. I bit the inside of my cheek and shook my head.

"Nothing. I just said to please hurry" I fake smiled closing the door behind me with a firm shut and sighed. My grip on the door now completely loose as I slowly lifted my head from the floor.

Nighttime used to be my favorite thing to do to end the day. A nice nine hour sleep with the man I love right beside me. Cuddled up in our king size bed that had way too many layers but Dream liked it that way.

But my nightmares have made me dread it. I physically shake and squirm in my sleep sometimes waking up dream. I sweat so much I have to sleep with a towel wrapped around my pillow so it won't get drenched.

I don't know why I get these horrible nightmares but the best bet I have is just sleep deprivation along with stress. I work two part time jobs so I can pay off my student loans. Everyday is consisted of busy work. Sometimes I get envious of dream. Staying home all day playing video games and then boom, one thousand in one day.

I cleared my head from getting too negative as I walked to our shared bedroom and immediately felt the dread that comes as soon as I step inside. I closed the curtains from the windows and turned off the lights. I tried sleeping with a light on but it actually makes it worse.

I wrapped a towel around my pillow and grabbed my sleeping mask. I sighed one last time and climbed into bed quickly. I pulled the covers over my body, completely engulfing myself in them. I placed my eye mask on and laid completely still. The room wasn't too warm or too cold so I pulled my arms out so they sat besides me.

I laid still for a few seconds, seeing if a sound would be heard. After waiting and hearing nothing, I closed my eyes that were beneath the mask and tried to fall asleep. I counted down from 100 in my head since Dream said it helped him sometimes.

A few moments passed, and my body felt relaxed. '56..55..54' I counted in my head. As soon as I got to 50, my head turned to the side and I was out cold.

-

I was woken up by an alarm clock going off. I sat up and pulled my mask down only to see nothingness. I felt like I was sitting on something. I looked down and gasped seeing myself asleep on my bed. "What?" I asked so confused. I reached down to touch my arm but I went through. My hand went through my sleeping self as if I was a ghost.

I got up from the bed and tried to make sense of what was happening. The whole room was pure darkness except for my bed and well my other self sleeping. The alarm clock went off again as I slowly walked towards the sound.

Slowly, parts of my house began to show. I touched the walls, feeling them feel extremely cold. 'But I couldn't touch myself?' I asked looking back. I kept walking slowly until I reached a certain room. It was Dreams recording slash streaming room. I was scared to open it as I placed my hand on the door knob.