::Quackity x Male!reader::

Not proofread
just a draft that has been collecting dust
Warnings: heavy angst, violence, swearing, angst to fluff, food mentions.

————————————

I crawled into bed once again, to an empty cold spot next to me. I pulled the covers over my chest and huffed as I stared out at the lightly dimmed hallway. Across from our shared room was Quackity's office. Where he's been spending most of his time in, locked away not accepting much food or sunlight. I've tried telling him to at least spend five minutes outside to get some fresh air, but I'm told that work is more important than that.

I pull my feet under my cover so I don't get cold and sigh. We don't even sleep together anymore, he comes to sleep when I'm already deep asleep. As soon as I wake up, he's gone straight to his room. I miss spending time with him and it pains me to see him overworking himself to the brink of malnourishment. Any time I voice my concerns for him, I get dismissed and told that "how will our bills get payed? Who would put food on our plates?" Yet, I'm also working to provide for both of us. He hasn't had the time to even ask me how I'm doing at all.

I pulled the blanket closer to me, closing my eyes feeling the familiar closing of my throat indicating I was going to feel blue. Tomorrow was going to be another day, same routine, same emptiness, same horrible feelings. I finally let my mind calm itself, knowing I have work in the morning and don't want to keep myself more up than I was.

-

The sounds of bird chirping could be heard from our window as my eyes fluttered open. My eyes felt incredibly heavy and it took me a while to actually get up. "God...my head hurts" I said as I rubbed my forehead softly and sat up. I looked next to me and my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Alex was sleeping soundly next to me. He was turned towards the other side, snoring quietly and his hair quite disheveled. I stood to get ready, making sure my shirt was tucked in correctly since I always get called out on that. For work, I work as a car salesman. I recently got a promotion but I haven't been able to celebrate it with alex yet. I looked to our mirror making sure my tie was well placed and walked over to get my phone and keys. I walked over to alex and kneeled down, with a small smile.

I pulled some hair off his face but as soon as my hand left his face his eyes fluttered open and almost popped out when they met mine. "H-hi, didn't mean to wake you up-" i apologized as alex groaned loudly and rubbed his eyes with his left hand. "What time is it?" He asked not leaving his hand off of his face, right over his eyes. I quickly looked over at the alarm clock and read the time. "Just about to be seven" alex then shot up and threw the covers off of his body. "Woah! Where are you going?" I asked stepping back a bit nervously. "Have to go finish this video I'm editing" he said not looking at me at all and slipping on some sweatpants and a new shirt. He didn't even head to the washroom or spare me another glance and started making his way to his office. I was fed up and as soon as he was going to shut his door, I kicked my foot in as he stared right at it as well.

"Alex, we need to talk" i said not wanting my anger to control me. "About?" He said as he tried closing the door since I felt the pressure on my shoe pressing on me. "You can't keep doing this. Living in this horrible room" i said trying to look inside as he stood in the crook of the door to avoid me doing so. "(Y/n) this is my work. I can't just abandon it" he said rolling his eyes. I sighed in heavily and threw my hands to my sides. "But you can't keep hauling yourself in this room for hours! You don't even give me a goodbye kiss anymore..."I said frowning at the memories. He used to beg me to wake him up as soon as I left so he could give me a big kiss on my forehead before work.

"Yeah yeah, I don't have time for that anymore (y/n). You have to understand, I'm working hard for both of us" alex pleaded as I shook my head. "I don't give a fuck about that! You haven't been here for us at all! You don't even know that I got a promotion! I make enough for both us" I said raising my voice a bit more. "Huh? Since when? Why haven't you told me?" Alex said staring at me with a confused look. I furrowed my brows and ran a hand through my face. "What do you mean I haven't told you?! You don't even let me give you fucking food! You sit on your ass here eating some cheap cup noodles for fuck sakes!" I shouted finally breaking in anger.