Chapter 18: Stranger of The Opera

Hello everyone, I am back. This break has been really nice still a little rusty, but I will try my best to get back to a schedule

Chapters will be coming out a little slow for all my stories till I get a rhythm.

I do want to thank everyone for loving my content and just commenting and voting.

Also, don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Alright, back to the story

***

Mysterious Pov

As I saw a man quickly walk by, I couldn't tell who he was. He walked past me that it was too sudden to see.

I could tell a glimpse of them, but my ears were ringing as I heard distant voices.

I slowly walked forward, my feet taking me to the roof that now beholds Delphine and someone else.

I was about to call out to her and speak to this other person that seemed to be so close to her.

In my mind, I knew she did not want to be with another person. She was a reserved person focused on only her work and her sister.

Maybe we could become friends if I helped out.

She would definitely become my friend and be so thankful.

She would be grateful that I was to intervene. She never likes dealing with others.

Walking closer, I could tell it was a man's voice.

I smiled, knowing that she would be even happier if I rescued her from this man.

However, before I could fully step out of the archway of the door.

Their face grew closer, and their lips met.

My eyes widened, surprised by this action.

I quickly rushed back in my back, hitting the side of the wall. My hand went over my mouth, holding in the gasp in my mouth.

What was I seeing? Was this actually possible? No, I slunk against the boarding, looking at the view.

I was hoping my eyes were tricking me; I wished they were tricking me.

Yet as the moon shined onto the rooftop their they were. Hands wrapped in one another and an air exclaiming that they were alone in this world.

My heart tugged at this idea of her being scooped away. She would no longer need me like I need her.

I was going to be abandoned. Forgotten once more and pushed to the side.

No, this could not be happening. I had to find a way to stop this from happening.

Delphine was clearly being hoodwinked.

He was tricking her. That had to be the answer.

Delphine had probably been fooled swindled by this man. Taking a closer look, I can tell he was somewhat wealthy.

That must be it. He is blackmailing her because she is in debt.

If she had money problem, I could have helped her out. No, she probably wouldn't have accepted knowing her; she would have just shrugged it off.

That was it.

She was being lured into a sense of falsehood, and she could not see it; only I could.

I quickly dipped away, clenching my fist.

Don't worry, Delphine, I will save you.

You will no longer be taken into this dark path that this man has created.

When their lips parted, I could see her face.

Was that a smile?

I shook my head.

No, she was being forced against her will er mind was tricking her.

Had he gotten to her already.

How long had this been going on?

Then as she backed away, I then saw a glowing white on the face of the man.

I gasped.

Noticing I made a noise, I quickly hid behind the wall again.

I heard a low voice echo out, "Did you hear that."

I remained to calm my heart racing once more.

Calm yourself.

Then as if I heard the steps of feet, a voice of an angel speaks out.

"No, was there something there," Delphine's familiar voice called out.

I sighed and quickly dashed down the spiraling staircase.

My movements had to be quick. If I were to make any noise, they would know something.

I would help her.

I was going to save her.

That man, how dare he steals her. I had only seen him a hand full of times.

I have gathered whispers about him, but he dares take her.

There was already another person who took over my plan, but now this was thrown into the mix.

I walked into my room as I stared into the mirror. A wave of anger swelled within me as I stared back at my face.

My face I hated it.

It reminded me of everything I was not. I began to chuck everything off my dresser desk, angered by my failure.

My comb and small trinkets fell onto the floor make slight thuds when hitting the floor.

Looking back, I looked at my hair that reminded me of haw and my eyes that were like two murky puddles of water.

I was not her, but I wanted to be her so bad.

Opening one of the drawers from the dresser, I pulled out a brown curly wig.

I placed it on my head as I smiled happily.

I looked beautiful; I looked like her.

Finally, I was almost complete.

I would do anything for Delphine no matter what. 

.