Chapter 19: Do Not Lie To Me

Hello, my readers, it has been a while!

I do wish to apologize. I have been going through a lot at home and needed to take a mental health break to be in a better headspace.

Not only that, but I have been dealing with horrible pain in my left wrist when applying pressure and will probably need to get checked soon.

I am not sure how frequently I will be posting. Maybe twice or once a week. But I do wish to thank everyone for commenting and liking my stories; it means the world knows that so many love my books.

I know I say that so many times, but it is the truth am I am just awe-struck and so appreciative of you all!

I also wanted to say Happy Late Pride to all of those who are in and out of the closet. For those in the closet like myself, just know that you are still valid in every shape and form.

Okay, enough with my sob stories back to the story you are waiting for.

***

Delphine

Our lips pulled apart as we now stayed eclipsed in time. Everything was still and cool.

I was unable to think. Unable to understand what was going on at this moment.

Had we just kiss?

Had he kissed me back?

An even better question did I kiss him back?

My mind swirled in questions consuming me from the inside out.

As if beaming the both of us, the moon exposed Eric's face and illuminating his mask.

Oh, how deep and mesmerizing those two pools were and how I wanted to swim in them, forgetting everything.

Forgetting my mission. Forgetting Christine. And Forgetting His feelings for her.

How I wish to pull away from this gaze that draws me so close.

Yet I want to press against those alluring lips and kiss him again as if we were to part ways.

A Kiss that would make even the angels jealous.

He cusps his hands against my own, a small shiver coming across my back, and a slight hot blush went on my face.

The warmth he has on those hands outweighed the hardships he had endured. So it was as if his hands were not made for composing for music. For constructing elaborate halls of mirrors, but for that instant to hold me.

Could he see it was I obvious in my emotions?

Was this truly real, or was he using me?

That must be it; he has fallen in love with my sister and is confused that we are the same person.

It is so outrageous that it must be the answer as to why it is like this.

After all, this is a place from the movie; maybe the universe was trying to fix itself because it knew I was not meant to be here.

If it knew this, why had it made

"Did you hear that, "Erik asked?

"No, was there something there?" I turned, looking off to the door entrance. Was it Raoul again or Christine?

No, I believe not. I remember Christine says that they would be training late with Madam Giry.

"I do not think it is anyone; the ballerinas are still and practice, and the men have gone off drinking again," I say, turning back to him.