Chapter 4: Angel Of Music

After almost playing for so long, I was able to escape the cruel clutched of Madame Giry. Not only did she work the ballerinas to the bone, but she also worked me to the bone.

I had flashbacks to my old memories where I had non stop hours of playing.

After the practice had ended, she had looked at me with a pleased face.

"You are not too bad, Miss Daae."

This comment somewhat hurt my pride. I was the best of the best. See me in my prime, and you would be eating your words.

I nodded my head, "Thank you, Madame Giry."

She gave me a pleasant smile, which was surprising to see. She then called out to one of the ballerinas, who seemed to be around the same age as me.

She had blond, pretty wavy hair and light brown eyes. This girl was like a beautiful small doll.

Madame Giry put her hands on the shoulder of the young Ballerina. "This is my daughter Meg. She will show you to your quarters."

She bowed gracefully. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Daae."Her voice was sweet, yet she made m sound old by calling me Miss Daae.

I let my smile reach her, "Please call me Delphine."

Meg smiled brightly and grabbed me by my arm, pulling me to the back of the stage. I turned behind, and Madame Giry only smiled as I was being dragged away.

We began to go up some stairs, and I saw people walking around, staring at two girls running. It was weird that this girl had taken a liking to me. Apart of me knew this was Christine friends in the movie; however, could I also be her friend.

I laughed a bit, which caught her attention. She smiled brightly at me. "You have such a pretty laugh."

This little girl was so adorable and cute. I wanted to squeeze her tightly. I approve of her being friends with my sister.

We began to make our way to a small room with a bathroom. It was still bigger than the inn rooms and cleaner.

"This is your room for now. It is small, but it should be fine."

I looked at her and smile. "It is perfect thank you very much." I let out a yawn, which I turned to apologize. "I am sorry."

She shook her head, letting her blond waves sway. "It is fine. I would be tired too if I had to play for so long."

I contorted my face. "Did you not dance the whole time. Should you not be more tired."

She giggled, of course, which reminded me of Christine, who i missed considerably right now.

"I have done this for a long time." She lifts her arms. "I am super strong."

I laughed at the gestures, and we begin to laugh together. She soon left, and I was left alone in the room.

Letting go of my satchel, I placed it on the bed.

Laying on my bed, I take in the whole scenery. I could not believe I was in the opera house. It was like a dream come true.

However, does my being here affect the plot?

So far, the events have taken the same places in both the movie and the book.

Wait, was the chapel still here?

I immediately went up and cleaned up my outfit. I looked around to find a staircase that would lead to the chapel.

The scenery soon became familiar, and I got excited but made sure it would not be noticed. As I continued to run down, I could feel the small spiraling into a door.