Chapter 11: My North Star

Hello everyone, it is wonderful to be back after so long!

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote 

Also, I got over 200 views!!! Thank you to everyone who has made it possible.

My next goal is to reach 500 views. I can't wait.

Now back to the story

***

(Erik POV)

Sitting in the steps in front of the stained glass window was a somewhat drunk Delphine. Her face was filled with a red hue causing her cheeks to burn brightly.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her manner.

She crossed her arms, almost pouting. I had never seen her act so childish before. Delphine was always serious and always acted beyond her age.

At this moment, however, she was like any other young lady. Free.

In some ways, she was like me. She, too, had some mysterious past.

She looked towards me, her dark brown orbs staring into me. They were somewhat glossed.

Her hair was curled around the frame of her face. Beautiful and curled, making it seem perfectly place.

She looked almost like Ophelia from John Everett Millais's collection. I was always perplexed on why he would draw a woman so much.

At this instant, I wanted to sketch her in this image to both cherish and mock her.

Now I could understand why Millais would be so obsessed over a singular woman.

It became harder and harder to suppress my love for her. She had captured my attention the day she first entered the Opera house.

The way she played the piano both full of passion and a hint of sadness.

However, she fully captured my heart when she had given me that purple hyacinth.

Although it would seem normal or plain to anyone else, the gesture that she had specifically gotten me this flower in me in mind captured my love.

Delphine gave a lovely smile, almost making the chapel room glow. I knew God himself was envious of this smile.

Any man would be jealous to see her smile. And I was the only one to witness this.

I sat across from her as she stood there. She was like a goddess before me.

She leaned toward me. Her curls falling and giving her a beautiful glow with the moon. Her eyes twinkled with mischief.

Her lips were slightly reddened. I can smell the grapes from the wine of her hot breath.

I was taken aback by this gesture that she was presenting. If any other man had seen her act in such a way, they would take advantage of her drunken state.

Luckily I was here to protect her.

"Dressing simple today," she said while playing with my shirt.

My face was somewhat flushed with heat.

She was only acting this way because she was drunk.

I chuckled nervously.

"How was your party," I asked, making my voice calm.