Chapter 7: Learn To Be Lonely

Delphine.

A beautiful and unearthly voice called out to me.

Delphine?

I tossed and turned, unsure of what the voice was, but it was similar to the one I heard the first time.

A blurry vision of a woman stood before me. Her dark chocolate curls floated in the air like water, and her skin glowed. However, I could not see her face.

Delphine.

I reached my hand s out to her, afraid of her leaving.

"No, don't leave! Not yet!" I run after the voice as she floated away, making the light vanish with her.

Opening my eyes, I sit up to feel cold sweats coming down my face, surprised by this dream.

What was that?

Pressing my hands against my eyes, I begin to calm myself down. Putting down my hands, I sniffed myself and somewhat gagged.

Looking around, I look around in one of my drawers to find something. I soon felt cold metal against my hands. Pulling it, a small metal round circle is now in my hand. I open the lid to find a watch ticking.

It was shiny and beautiful and looked well kept.

4:15 read on the watch, and I press against the engraving.

"To My Love, Gustave Daae"

This was a pocket watch I was given after Papa's death. Apparently, it was a watch given to him by his wife.

I couldn't really call her mother since I do not really remember how she was, and Delphine's memories were very vague.

I placed the watch back inside the drawer since it seemed pretty valuable to Papa.

Walking to the bathroom, I saw a tall wooden bucket with a drain in it. At first, I thought it was to clean the laundry but looking at it closer; I think it was a bathtub.

How do i drain it?

I tilt my head confused at what I should do. Maybe if I get a bucket and a small cup, I could quickly clean myself while not taking too long.

Grabbing a small tin, and running the water into the bucket. The water wasn't going to be hot, so I was fine with that.

I went back to my room and opened up my small box hidden in a rag bag. It was a small light yellow soap that had a slight smell of roses.

It was a connotation I had made and perfected. Turns out in Delphine memories, she would make soaps and lotions to sell on the roadside while her father and Christine would sing for money.

Her products did not sell for much since she did not have a big grasp of making it.

With my knowledge of the modern world and Delphine's memory of how to make it, we were a great duo.

I had also made a small amount of shampoo and conditioner that would be great for my hair. However, it still needs to be improved.

I then laid out some clothes that I would use to wear for today.

It was a black and white plaid dress with a white apron. I had learned not to wear white like yesterday.

Pouring the cold water, I jump up somewhat and quickly bathe so I would not have to feel the coldness of the early morning air too. Washing my hair and brushing my teeth, I quickly grab a cloth to dry myself after i had finished cleaning.

Putting on my undergarments, I begin to put on my clothes and place my hair in a nice hairstyle that was out of my face and easy to work with.

I began to clean up my room and put everything away. Walking to the drawer on the other side of the room, I place the key that Madame Branchet gave me over my neck and letting it hang on my chest.