Chapter 22: He Is There

Sorry for the long delay just have been so tired and swamped with school work.

Since summer is coming up, I will be trying to get more done, and I will have more free time.

Also, thank you to all those who have been continuing to read and send your comments. I am so shocked by all the love and amazing support you have given.

Now back to the story!

***

Delphine

Everyone still continued to cheer and talk as the previous owner continued to speak. I could not hear him; I could only see how the new owner's smile grew as they looked around. On their faces, there is slight banter between others. I just could not believe it. They are here; Armand Moncharmin and Firmin Richard are here.

They look just like I would imagine. Armand was slightly shorter than Firman. He seemed softer than him too. His white hair curls as a slightly receding hairline are forming. The other Firman was taller and slimmer than him. He had one streak of white on his hair and a stiff mustache that twitched when his nose moved ever so slightly.

Everything was set up just as I would have imagined. However, I could not tell if I was happy about this or in fear of what would come next.

I could not pay attention to the rest of their speech. My mind was circulating with so many things. To listen to a speech so mind-numbing right now would only make what is going on worse.

There were too many plot holes going on; everyone is showing up out of nowhere out of the supposed time. The time was to lay the groundwork for the story.

Was I off on my timing? Had the time truly come now? Were the events of time catching up in order to settle it out?

It is because of me; it is always because of me. If i was not here, everything could have run smoothly.

I intervene too much.

My breathing began to grow heavy, and I could feel the squeezing of my chest. It was like a pin was going through my lungs, making it hard for me to breathe.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, its sound echoing out my ears.

The thumping and the rustle of noises were too much. I needed to leave now.

I made my way off the stage as the voices of people lingered behind me. I could hear the music begin and the sound of Carlotta's voice singing as I left the main stage.

Before I even knew where I was going, I had found myself in the chapel once more.

This stupid chapel calls to me. It seemed as if this was the only real place I had that was my own. Own in the sense that I Maybe because the old Christine would have come here, but I stole that too. I stole her lover, and I stole her spot.

I could feel my chest tightening again and my breathing staggering. This feeling was not unknown to me; this was a panic attack.

Why am I having one now?

It has been years...no, it has been since I came here.

They would be triggered after every performance After every concert. I was not performing, and I was not playing. Why is this happening?

And I could not stop it.

I could feel myself losing breath like a small pipe was filling my air.

Then the door opened, and my eyes widened.