Chapter 9

parseltongue

Albus Dumbledore was in a huge state of panic. When he read that article he had felt his heart stop in utter horror. He didn't know how that blasted reporter had got that information from, but he wanted to slaughter her, especially because it was accurate to a point. He had to clean up the situation before it got out of hand, he hadn't spent over half a century creating his power base for it to be destroyed by one paper. No. He would have to save face and show the world that they still needed him, Albus Dumbledore, and he was the greatest wizard since Merlin. It was for the Greater Good and that's all that mattered. He knew he should have killed Gellert, but he couldn't bring himself to do so, he was doing everything for him after all.

Dumbledore paced his office, it was the second problem this week. After that damn letter from Gringotts informing him that there were clauses in the Black and Peverell family scripts declaring he could not use them as proxy he had been left up in arms. That was 5 seats lost and he had no idea who they were set to go too. At first he thought maybe the boy had rediscovered his family Lordship, but he immediately discounted that because he hadn't come to him and he no longer had the Granger girl to research things for them. Ah the wonders of the obliviate spell and a few compulsions, no one was any the wiser and all under his control; just how he liked it. Couldn't let the boy have too much of his own control or his plan would fail, which was why Black had to go and the wolf was wrapped up in so many webs that he was barely himself. The boy was needed to kill Riddle before he was disposed off and he, Albus Dumbledore, would be seen as the great hero of the world. They would lay everything at his feet and he would be more powerful than anyone in existence, he would be worshiped and he would control the world; just like he was supposed to.

There was something hindering him though, he couldn't find the last one, and he needed them gone with the rest of them. Once he had found and disposed of them, the other two would do that for him and he had already ridden himself of the first. Yes, everything was coming along nicely and soon he would solve his problem. Only then could he rule unopposed and he would. Dumbledore's attention was snapped from his thoughts as angry red howlers swooped in to the room making him growl in fury. Who did they think they were, daring to question him, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, over a paper? Foolish little people. With a snarl he silenced all the screaming letters and began thinking of ways to make this blow over, oh yes, Albus Dumbledore would regain control and have them flocking him once more.

When Harry awoke he was alone. That wouldn't be too odd only since the second week of school he had always had someone else in the bed he woke up in, be it Luna or Tom. He rolled over and sat up, he could hear soft voices in the living room and guessed Tom had a meeting or something, Harry wasn't complaining, he needed the sleep. He scouted the room for his clothes and couldn't see any of them so he grabbed Tom's shirt and threw it on rolling up the sleeves to above his elbows, Tom was built bigger than him and was taller so the shirt hung nicely off of him just covering everything. Harry walked to the door and pulled it open slightly to see who was in the living room, he caught sight of pale blonde hair so he assumed it was Lucius, his guess was confirmed when the blonde spoke.

"My Lord, your bedroom door just opened on its own accord." Lucius said and Harry rolled his eyes,

"You can come out," Tom called and Harry looked down at himself and then shook his head,

"Yeah, I don't think that would be the best idea." Harry replied and he almost felt Tom roll his eyes.

"It is only Lucius,"

"I know, but I can hardly come out dressed as I am."

"Just come out," Tom sighed and Harry raised an eyebrow, he smirked to himself.