Chapter 31

parseltongue, mind talking, newspaper, direct speech, references, notes.

The first thing Harry saw when he appeared at the Sanctuary was three little children barrelling through the entrance hall and down the corridor, he smiled to himself and made his way to the hospital wing. Luna was sat up in her bed and she was not looking happy, Harry bit back a smirk and cleared his throat.

"Is the service not to your standard, Miss Lovegood?" He asked coolly.

"Harry!"

Harry was fully prepared to catch the speeding missile that was his sister, and he was relieved to note that she was in perfect health again; there would have been a few deaths occurring otherwise.

"I'm so glad you are ok," He murmured and she huffed,

"Me? You were the one that ordered me away when you were still outnumbered." She pointed out, giving him a dark look.

"You were injured." He defended,

"You looked like a chopping board!"

"I was fine." He waved her off, "I had to make sure you were safe."

"And why did you not come through with the cubs?" She demanded,

"Ah, well, I may have been hit with a Reducto as the portkey activated." He told her, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly and mentally cursed when she went still in his arms. Luna stepped back slowly and looked at him.

"How badly were you injured?"

"It was nothing, I was fine." He brushed it off and pulled her towards the door. "Come on, I want to have a look around."

"You had better not be hiding things." She warned and Harry grinned,

"Would I do that?"

"Yes,"

Harry rolled his eyes and carried on up the stairs, he hadn't been to the sanctuary since it opened so he was looking forward to seeing how it was getting on.

"So how are things around here?"

"Oh, it's brilliant, Snake." She answered enthusiastically, "Ellen and Narcissa are teaching me advanced healing and Ellen has taken on an apprentice. A sweet little thing called Star,"

"That's good,"

"Draco is lost to the labs, he's like a mad scientist in there and I've seen him with the twins; it's alarming." She shuddered and Harry laughed.

"I don't think I want to know what they are doing in there thanks." He joked, "Though, I can image."

"Paws has the library mapped out, and she teaches the younger cubs how to read, write and count. She seems to love it. And Moony is back in his element teaching,"

"I'm glad he's happy." Harry said, "Let's go and see him."

"He's usually in the ball room, come on." She led him through the halls and in to the ball room, Moony was sat at the other end of the room writing something in a book, he looked up when they entered and he glowered at Harry.

"You should be resting." He said and Harry rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine, honestly."

"You fractured your spine, cub. You need to take it easy." Remus insisted, and Harry winced when Luna sucked in a sharp breath.

"Now, Raven… Luna… my beautiful sister," Harry began, stepping away from her and holding up his hands in defence. "I'm fine, and everyone got out fine."