Chapter 18

parseltongue, mind talking, newspaper, direct speech reference , notes

Whispers and looks followed him all throughout the day and Harry was honestly glad to flop down in his rooms, everything seemed to be about the attack on Halloween and he was sick of hearing Ginny's name. He had to live the entire day before he could go back and have his meeting, he was hoping to get everything done today so he could visit Moony tomorrow and calm the irate wolf down. Luna skipped in with a knowing grin and Harry groaned, that grin did not bode well for him,

"Put me out of my misery." Harry grumbled,

"You have your very first lesson with the wonderful headmaster today." She chirped and Harry gaped at her,

"What!"

"Oh yes, I just found out."

"Please tell me you are joking." Harry pleaded and she shook her head.

"No, you will get the notification at dinner."

"Why, Merlin, why?"

"You need to go, Snake. I think its going to be very important."

"Concerning…"

"I believe it involves the Dark Lord and his past." She said slowly and Harry's attention snapped towards her.

"Oh, have you anything else?"

"No, it was the only thing I picked up on, but I think Slughorn has something to do with it too."

"I have yet to mention the man to Tom, but I shall have to speak with him if it is what you suspect. I do not have a good feeling about this." Harry said and Luna nodded.

"Shall we?"

"Ugh, if we must." Harry pulled himself up and headed out for dinner. He kept his head down as he entered the hall and slunk over to the end of the Gryffindor table, he watched the hall through his fringe and wanted to curse all of the people staring at him. He reminded himself that he only had two more months to go until Yule where he could be himself all the time, small compromise but it would be worth it in the end – he hoped so anyway. Harry looked up to see McGonagall making her way towards him and bit back yet another sigh, this day was seriously trying on his nerves and he hadn't even finished. He was tempted to go and annoy Tom, but he refused to allow the man to touch him until Wednesday despite how he was feeling.

"Mr Potter,"

"Hello, Professor,"

"The Headmaster would like to see you in his office straight after dinner,"

"Yes, Professor, does he prefer anything?"

"He is most partial Bertie Botts."

"Thanks," She nodded and walked away. Harry picked at his food with his mind moving a mile a minute. Even though he had Luna's prediction, she couldn't give him specifics and he was on edge at what the old man wanted, especially as it was to do with Tom. He got up, when he noticed that Dumbledore was no longer present, and left the hall, he took the long way to the headmaster's office and muttered the password to the gargoyle to allow he to jump on the revolving staircase. Harry took a deep breath and masked everything, he brought forth his fake memories and feelings to the front of his mind in case Dumbledore wanted to browse while he was in there. He raised his hand to knock and was told to enter.

"Ah, Harry, come in." Dumbledore greeted jovially, "Have a seat. How are you, m'boy?"

"Hello, Headmaster, I'm fine thank you. How are you?" Harry returned taking his seat.