Chapter 18

I awoke and immediately felt something different. I turned in my bed and fell off. That's new. I'm clumsy and all but hey?
Rubbing my back, I stood up and examined the area. I couldn't see anything due to the darkness of the room. So I walked forward until my face came in contact with a wall. I grimaced but tried to keep quite.
I put my hand on the wall, this time much slower. I felt a door knob. I tested it but it was locked. I closed my eyes and focused on trying to burn it. I haven't discovered an unlocking power but I could try. I looked down to see a reddish glow on the door knob. Scaring me half to death, it exploded. I cursed silently. That probably woke the entire UK.
The door slowly creaked open and light filled my vision again. Hesitantly, I looked up. And I saw none other but Amaya. My heart jumped in my chest and I ran to squeeze her to death.
"Oh thank god it's you. I thought I was kidnapped. How did u manage to get me without waking Eathon and Christian?" I asked.
"You'd be surprised. I'm here quick though. I think I'm due for explaining," she responded. She looked down and played with her bracelet.
"Yeah. It's not everyday you find out your dead sisters alive and has super powers," i accused. She smiled guiltily.
"Well, I guess I'll start way back. I was about as surprised as you were when you found out about your life but I was also the 1st one. They were very excited when they found I filled the prophecy. Word spilled quick though. Some people loved me but other people sent me death threats. It got bad.
"With being the 1st energy, a lot of stress was put on me. But I couldn't focus because every time I let my guard down, a fire would start. It were almost as though they were tests. I decided then to trust no one. When the threats got worse, I just wanted them to stop. My powers were getting stronger and some people saw me as evil. The easiest way to escape was death. People would leave me alone but I would have to deal with my cover up. Now I'm here," Amaya told. My face probably looked dumbfounded.
"But who do I need to look out for?" I asked.
"Almost anyone. But there are certain people I call neeks. They are very talented in combat and have powers like us. They are behind the creatures that attack us. The creatures are actually robot. It took me a while to figure out but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. The other thing I figured out though is that I'm not the prophecy. You are," she said. Then randomly she left. Into thin air. My stomach was tight and I wasn't sure where I was. And I was just set with a bone shaking truth. I picked up the candle lighting to room and went to find my exit.

I'd found that I was just in the basement of the hotel. Christian and Eathon were still asleep. I lay down and looked at them. I wanted to know I could trust them, but I wasn't sure.