chapter 60

Scarlet's pov:  

an hour before kristian came home :

a loud bang woke me up , i looked beside me and saw Noah sleeping peacefully , i thought i was imagining it until the same voice came from downstairs , i stood up startled not knowing what to do , i took my phone and wore my slippers , after that i slowly moved towards the door , opening it slightly so i can see what's going on outside , the moment i opened the door i was greeted with darkness and a very disturbing quietness , i opened my phone and used the small light to look around but nobody was there .

i took a deep breath and walked out of the room leaving the door open in case i need it , as i reached to the stairs , i saw Claire laying on the floor , a scream almost escaped me but i swallowed it down , i walked towards her and checked on her to see if she was alive , i gently touched her neck and felt her pulse making me sigh in relief for a brief second before i heard a loud bang, just like a muffled gun shot , i opened my eyes wide as i approached the railings to see a man with a big hideous scar on his face holding a gun and walking outside of the kitchen with blood all over him and beside him i saw Alanzo laying on the floor in a pool of his blood .

my body started to shake in fear and i felt my throat close up in panic as the man reloaded his gun and started moving to the stairs , i pushed myself away and ran quietly to my room , closing and locking the door behind me , my hands shook as i searched for my phone but it was nowhere near me 

"damn it , I ... dropped ... it "  i almost screamed out loud , not knowing what to do , i heard the man footsteps get closer and closer making me panic , i looked on my bed and saw Noah sleeping soundly , i took a deep breath and decided that no matter what i need to protect my baby. i tried to think of what to do and that's when it hit me , 'the hidden room ', kristian had told me about the small room that was hidden behind our wardrobe , he told me it was for emergencies and this is definitely one  .

i sprang towards the bed and tried to wake up Noah but he wouldn't move , so i lifted him up with the blanket and ran towards the walk in closet , as i walked in i went straight towards the jewellery section , i removed some of the jewellery and pressed the password and slowly a small door opened in the wall , i ran into the room and laid Noah down , i looked at him and almost cried in pain , i didn't want to do this but i had no choice , i kissed him gently on his forehead and walked out closing the door behind me .

the moment the hidden room's door closed a loud bang came startling the shit out of me , and i knew that he was trying to open the door , so i ran towards the bed again and searched for Noah's phone , after a lot of stumbling down i finally found it under the bed , right away i putted it on mute and turned on the GPS and hid it inside my underwear .

"hello little kitten . . . ." i heard a voice come from behind me as the door opened with a bang . i wanted to cry but i couldn't , i didn't want to show him any weakness 

"who are you ?" i said with venom as i turned around and stared at the man in front of me 

"oh the kitten can talk ? for how long i wonder ?" the man said as he walked slowly towards me with his gun pointed at me , i took a step back and took a deep breath as the words got stuck in my throat 

"now be a good girl and tell me where is the little boy ?" the man said as he stood right in front of me and brushed my cheek with his creepy hands .the moment he mentioned Noah i felt a rush of power come to me and i pushed his hand away with disgust 

"he is not here " 

"oh! . . . is he now ? and where can i find him then ?" the man said as he pulled me by my hand and roughly pushed me towards him as he hugged my waist with his disgusting hands , i tried to pull back and resist but he would just tighten his hold even more , i stared at him with the coldest glare and ignored him