chapter 5 (edited)

Kristian's POV

"Jack?" She asked in a tired tone. "What are you doing here?" She looked behind me and saw the detective which made her frown right away. "Detective Charles."

"Miss Kristof, this is the child's father." The cop gestured towards me.

"Noah's father ... " I nodded my head stiffly.

"Scar," Jack began, "can we come in?"

"Yes! Please! Of course, come in!" she said as she moved aside. I walked in and started looking around but there was no trace of my baby anywhere. But then there on the table were little crayon drawings of a child and also a bag of activities for a kid.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I turned around at her tender tone.

"No need, where is he?" I asked. She was a little taken back at my blunt tone.

"I'm sorry, he's asleep in my room. I will take you there." I watched her from behind and noticed she moved slightly weird as she held her side. I caught a wince from her plump lips but didn't say anything. She stopped at a door and opened it. I followed her inside and found my little guy all coiled in the bed. He wore a rosy blush on his handsome face and I let out a heavy breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

I walked over to the bedside and squatted down beside him. I really wanted to wake him but I knew that it was better to let him get his nap.

"Um, would you like to wait outside until he wakes?" the girl whispered. I nodded and followed her outside. Jack was on the phone and I wished he spoke softer with Noah sleeping.

"You should have told me, idiot." He hung up the phone and looked at me with guilt in his eyes. "I'm sorry, man. If I had just noticed we could have found Noah sooner."

"It's not your fault, Jack."

"Bahh, idiot Ben. How could he have forgotten to tell me something like this?' Jack rubbed his own temples in frustration. He then calmed himself down and turned his attention to Scarlet. "Are you okay, Scar? Ben told me that the doctor didn't want you leaving the hospital but you insisted."

What did he mean the doctor didn't let her leave the hospital?

She shifted awkwardly then said, "Uhm. I'm fine. Don't worry about it." She winced in pain when Jack hugged her.

"Shit! Sorry, Scar. You should sit down."

After a couple of minutes of signing papers, detective Charles left. As soon as he did, Jack claimed to have needed to get going. I understand, he has been away from work for the last four days helping me. But this left the young woman and I alone. She played with her phone nervously as we waited for Noah to wake up.

"Thank you," She looked up with a confused look in her eye as my words. God, even I was confusing myself with my words. Never before in my life, had I said thank you to anyone. " ... for saving my son, " I added after an awkward moment of silence.

"Don't worry about it. He's an amazing kid--" she was cut off by the sound of something hitting the floor. We both jumped in fright but knew exactly where the sound came from.

We ran towards the room Noah was sleeping in. I opened the door and Scarlet squeezed past me. I found my baby with eyes full of tears standing in the middle of the room. There was a box opened beside him. Scarlet knelt down and grabbed his hands.

"What's wrong, baby?" Are you hurt? Did you fall?" Noah looked at her while rubbing his puffy eyes. He pointed towards the box that was open on the floor beside him. "Oh, darling, don't worry about it. It's not important. Come on now, stop crying and look who came to come get you." Scarlet was so kind and tender. She patted Noah's head leaving me confused and speechless. Noah wasn't the type of kid that interacted with others. When he's moody he will even ignore me. Why does he act differently around this chick?

"Noah," I called gently. The moment he heard his name from my lips he turned and smiled at me. He waited a small moment before running towards me. I bent down on one knee and hugged him tightly once he bounded into my arms. I stood up and patted his soft head and took in his scent, sighing in relief now that my little baby was in my arms. "I am sorry, baby. It's all my fault." He shook his head as he kissed my cheek. "Let's go home," Noah stiffened in my hands. He wiggled out of my arms and I put him down on his feet. He ran towards Scarlet, wrapping his arms around her slim waist. She whimpered from the force but she still hugged him back as best she could.

"What's wrong my little darling?" Noah ignored her and kept his head in her stomach with his arms stuck around her.

"Noah, what's wrong? Come on, let's go home." Noah shook his head. Shit. This is going to be a headache. "Noah, you need to let go of Scarlet. You're causing her pain. She's hurting with you hugging so tightly." he let go of her right away and looked up at the young woman with a sad look on his face.

"How about I give you my phone number?" She suggested to Noah. "You can call me whenever you want, okay darling?" The girl was smiling but I soon noticed red staining her shirt. Her face was paling a lot more than before. I took my phone out and called my driver.

"Get the car ready. And call the nanny. Tell her to come to Hospital T right away." I hung up and looked at Scarlett who was now wobbling to the bed with Noah at her side.

"Can you walk?" I asked, a hint of concern in my voice.

"I'm okay. I just need to rest for a minute." I went towards her and chuckled.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Knight. I'll be fine. Come on little darling, go with your daddy." I let out a sigh and bent down to be eye level with her. I placed a hand under her legs and the other around her shoulders. I then scooped her up and smirked at the squeal that came out of her.

"What are you doing? Put me down!"

"Stop being so stubborn. I'm taking you to the hospital." She struggled and wiggled in my arms.

"I said I was fine--Ouch!"

"Stop moving, you're making it worse." As I struggled to make it out the door with a crazy woman in my arms, Noah caught onto my pant leg and clung to it as he walked beside me.

"Come on. Noah, put your shoes on." He nodded his head then sat down by his shoes and began to clip them on. We went to the hospital with Scarlet still in my hands, and God did she feel perfect there ...

A/N
 hey guys I hope you like the chapter and I hope everyone is safe and healthy...I love you all take care
And don't forget to comment and vote

Edited by the amazing @2129887Hb