Chapter 6

So how bout' some drinks? There has to be a bar around here, you think?" James spoke so cruelly,  like he used to. All Harry did was nod, all he had the energy to do and he honestly is down for a good time, not getting drunk of course having it only be two in the afternoon. James isn't a bad guy, don't get me wrong but he has a high temper and small things set him off quite quickly.

The two friends...friends? The two boys walked almost side by side, Harry stayed back a couple steps to avoid James daggers and making sure not to upset the silence deeming through the air. What made it somewhat worse is that no one was on the streets, unless they were leaving a restaurant from a late lunch or for whatever reason crowded up in a bar singing karaoke. Which is exactly what led them across the street and entering a decent sized people filled tavern. Harry was immediately hit with a strong smell of sweat and dark beer. Looking around all he could really see was people dancing, snogging each other, and a small lit stage in the back corner. The air felt sticky and humid, Harry was clutching to the back of James' shirt while James was swerving through people to get to the bar which was next to the karaoke stage.

Harry wasn't fast enough to notice when James came to a stop and accidentally collided right into his back, James just huffed while Harry was rambling apologies, adding a little blush to his face. They sat down in two stools having beers placed on a coaster in front of them, and facing all their attention to the stage with people, most being men, flowing on and off of the stage.

As the afternoon went on, faster than expected, Harry felt happy and free not that Louis is possessive or anything but he can't just go out for drinks or even out without having little Lou tag along. Harry hadn't been on his phone all day, for once not needing to check it every five minutes or caring if anyone had reached out to him throughout the day because most times he never has anyone texting or paying attention to him. Shit! Lou! Shit! Fuck! Harry was getting up to take his phone out of his back pocket and see all of his texts and calls from Louis and his friends, they must be so... Harry was pushed from his thoughts when people around him started chanting, "Curly! Curly! Curly!"  Harry blushed a deep red when he saw everyone chanting and edging him to SING on stage, Harry has just slight stage fright.

James gave him a reassuring smile and tilted his head towards the stage. So Harry pulled it together and walked up to the stage having a microphone handed to him along with a wink from a really hot guy- wait don't finish that sentence. Obviously Harry isn't a cheater, never in a million years and he knows he would never do anything to hurt Louis and Louis knows that.  Harry could only select one of two songs, so he picked the song he knew the most lyrics to, which the one he selected is in fact his favorite song. Lucky him.

----------

Back at the hotel there was a hyperventilating Louis sobbing on Niall's lap brushing his hair out of his face everytime it falls from the slight movement. Niall kept calm and put together as much as he could because he didn't want to worry the little boy anymore than he already is. Liam on the other hand was pacing back and forth mumbling under his breath and Zayn had been out driving around for the last couple hours considering it was getting dark out and there had been no sign or word from Harry. The boys knew this wasn't like Harry, he wouldn't just leave and not say anything or talk to them first or tell them who he was going out with. Which scared the four of them ten times more.

"W-what if he doesn't come b-back? Or he's dead, or kidnapped!? Does he hate us or ME?!" Louis just started crying harder and even Liam considered what Louis said, what if?

After those words came out of Louis's mouth it felt like the room was boiling. Liam was already looking at Niall and when Niall's eyes met Liam's he just gave him a look of annoyance and flipped him off with his eyes. Louis seemed to have calmed down when Niall repositioned him into the corner of his neck and cradled him, within minutes hearing light snores coming from his thin, drenched lips. Keeping Louis tucked in his chest Niall whisper-yelled to Liam who was across the room sitting on the edge of the bed, head in his hands.

"Are you insane?! You don't really think Harry is in a life threatening situation, do you?! Don't make this bloody worse than it is! Lou was trembling underneath me a minute ago!" To say Niall was furious was an understatement. He didn't want to give the wrong intention, because he was worrying on the inside but he knew he couldn't reflect it off and make Louis more tense.

"But i do know it's bad! He could be dead, and by the way so could Zayn! I can't just stay calm and I have no fucking clue how you are!" Liam was shaking at this point, all the built up anger and pain was unleashing and he was going to scream as loud as he could until a tired and stressed man walked in, that being Zayn.

"See I told you he wasn't dead...dickface." Niall barely acknowledged Zayn before rolling his eyes and scooting a couple feet away.

"Nice to see you too Niall." Zayn moved his attention to a slightly shaking Liam and continued. "I didn't find him, obviously. But we can go out again!" He did really try to make the best out of the situation as best he could, that only being so much. Zayn shared a few details to the two, that are actually up, saying where he went and what people he saw. Niall and Liam just nodded in response.

Zayn, Liam and Niall were all brainstorming ideas on where to go and how to get there when a hopeless and exhausted Louis aroused from Nialls arms. So Niall just quietly filled him in on what they were talking and thinking about, which motioned Louis to sit by himself against the bed in between Liam's legs sitting above him. Thank god for that because that resulted in Niall's body slowly coming back to life after hours of simply not having feeling. 

Their minds were captivated with bad thoughts and painful outcomes, which only made the room more tense and everyone more anxious. To say they were overreacting was a little overboard but then again not hearing from your closest friend all day and disappearing with some mystery person is a little sceptical.

After about 15 minutes it was almost pitch black and the group was still sitting in silence having thought of nothing, just resulting in going out again for another search.

------------

Except Harry was actually feeling quite the opposite of his four best friends drowning in silence, he felt so blissful, like he was the only thing important, so alive.

Harry had started singing one of his favorites, something that never fails to get the crowd going, 'If I Die Young' had started playing quite loud getting all the attention of the bar to face him. He was prepared to say the least, singing was one of his many talents actually being something he would like to pursue as a career.

He took one last breath.

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song
Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh

Lord, make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know i'm safe with you when she stands under my colors
Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even gray, but she buries her baby
The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in a river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Harry opened his eyes not knowing they were closed the whole time, seeing everyone in the bar clapping or raising their glasses for him. He bowed and put the mic down and dropped from the mini stage, returning a smile to everyone he passed. Harry hopped up onto his chair and took a swig of his unfinished beer and James just laughed. Which may or may not have made Harry spit out the mouthful of beer he hadn't fully swallowed yet and it may or may not have been directed at James and it may or may have drenched him chest to toe. Harry then was the one laughing while James just shot him an irritated smirk and got up to go get napkins that wouldn't do shit to help his soaked smelly clothes.

______

Fun chapter ig?
I love that song though.. So catchy!
How's the book loves?