Chapter 8

Harry had zoned out looking into the depths of Louis' eyes when another person had come into frame and was motioning Louis to follow them back to the black SUV they both had come from. Harry felt James body and warmth be lifted off of him and grunts being heard beside him. Zayn was beating the living shit out of James. James was laying on the ground and Zayn was on top of him throwing punches to his nose and jaw, blood spewing out of both.

Harry couldn't move, his legs were like jelly, too much for him to concentrate. He turned back over to Louis, who was now walking away head down with Niall's arm wrapped around his waist and head on Niall's shoulder. He had to do something, apologize, beg, have him give in, anything that would make him stay and give him another chance. Harry pushed himself off the wall and started jogging over to his Louis and Niall stopping them by positioning himself in front of the car door before they had a chance to swing it open.

Harry just sat there eyeing Louis, eyes red and puffy, runny nose, (Harry knows Louis hates his nose stuffy) hands trembling, breathing uneven, so much hatred in the blue eyes Harry onced loved.

Harry could hear mumbling and stumbling coming from a few feet away, meaning Liam probably took control of what was happening. Zayn has always been the person to stand up for what's right no matter the circumstances or the price, because he puts the ones he loves before himself every time. Niall has always comforted people, which is kind of weird considering he is never serious but that sometimes helps lifting people's spirits back up. Liam has always had a soft spot for the ones he truly cherishes, but will get defensive and aggressive if it comes to that. Louis has always been the sassy, got getter of the group, never a dull moment with him. He almost completes the group, like we were all meant to be, just like puzzle pieces. Just fit so perfectly together, always shining our true colors.

"Harry, move! Scumbag." Niall yelled, catching Harry's attention and focusing on the blonde boy still holding Louis up. "Please let me explain, I won't be long I promise! Give me a chance!" Harry pleaded, because that's the only thing he could do, Harry had to prove himself.

"He was your ex, Harry. Just why?" Those were the only words Louis kept rethinking and processed with his consumed mind of various thoughts.

Harry wanted so desperately to say something but nothing managed to come out, of course. Liam and Zayn were approaching, Zayn with some bloody and busted knuckles and a serious and pissed off tone. Liam had his hand wrapped around Zayn's arm with a frown and furrowed eyebrows, not looking any happier.

"Move before I knock the living daylights out of you just like I did to your boy-toy!" Zayn seemed like he wanted to and would lunge at him, he didn't.

Harry moved away from the car, 4 disappointed and hurt eyes staring into his soul, wishing he could go back in time and prove to himself and the 4 people that have been there for him and loved him most.

He watched as they all loaded into the car, shooting him one last look before slamming the door on him, having him walk to where James stood waiting to get into the Uber that probably watched that all unfold. Louis rolled his window down while Harry was hoping up to sit in the jet black seats.

"I should have loved myself with the love I gave to you." Louis yelled before Harry's car door shut and the engine started.

-------

The uber driver was instructed to follow the car full of his friends back to the hotel because honestly at this point where else would he go? The drive back was filled with nerves and tension but Harry was too busy captivated in his own mind to care about James presence. Hands trembling, knees bouncing up and down, eyes closed, shorts breaths through the mouth, head spinning, unsure feeling in the gut. Harry didn't feel like having a panic attack at the moment, but it sure is his lucky day.