CHAPTER 1: The Magic Knights Entrance Exam Part 1

The Magic Knights

Nine squads of mages specializing in battle that work directly under the command of the Wizard King. This army of heroes risks their lives to protect the kingdom. They are admired by the entire nation.

Well... except for one person.

"Next!" You sighed internally while hiding your displeasure with a smile, stepping forward and showing your grimoire to the man. Why did they have to make this thing start so early?

"(Name) Kocho. Rayaka."

"Rayaka, huh?" The guy sighed before looking over to you and doing a double-take. You were used to these reactions; after all, it wasn't every day someone would get to see a grimoire with a butterfly on it. You also liked to enforce your intense mana in front of people like this guy. You despised being talked down to.

"R-a-y-a-k-a." You smiled sweetly.

"Pretty magic for a pretty mage." The man smirked at you, looking you up and down. A peasant girl like her should be pretty easy to-

"Farewell." You kept your smile on your face as you turned away, instantly changing your expression, but only slightly. I can't vomit here, I can't vomit here, I can't vomit here!

*Sigh* You looked around in boredom and disinterest. I can't believe I'm here. It's just royalty and other stuck-up bootlickers. But you would put up with it because you were a woman on a mission, after all!

Your mood brightened tremendously when you saw a butterfly nearby. You smiled calmly, bending your arm and positioning your hand in front of your face with your pointer finger bent just so and...

*FLAP!* You sighed in relief as the butterfly landed on your finger. Gotcha. I thought you guys weren't gonna wish me luck. I'm sorry for doubting you. It won't happen again.

"Phew... I'm getting nervous." A nearby loudmouth scared the butterfly away, and your smile became strained once again. These damn pigs just don't know when to shut up!!

"Owwww! What the heck is going on with these birds?"

"They're the famous anti-birds of the exam venue. The less magic power you have, the more they peck at you."

"Hey, look at him!"

"Not a single bird is going near him!"

"Oh! It's him! The one from the boonies who was chosen by the four-leaf clover grimoire."

"Four-leaf clover?!" You were honestly impressed. A commoner like you had that much innate magic? Whew. You had to talk to this guy! I feel a sense of kinship in this house tonight!!

Meanwhile, the boy with the four-leaf clover winced when he felt a shift in the atmosphere. He saw you and his eyes widened; as you walked, birds within a relatively far vicinity would fly away, so none were near you whatsoever. He could feel your mana presence even though you were a good distance away from him, and it was damn near overwhelming. Interesting...

 Interesting