CHAPTER 16: (Hot) Reincarnated Elves in YOUR Area!

pls read to the very end <3

---

"It's red."

"Has your vision been impaired? It's obviously blood orange."

"*Scoff* You're so pretentious. It's red." Yuno rolled his eyes at you. Your eyebrow twitched ever so subtly.

"You poor thing! You must be blind! It's blood orange."

One saw, you and Yuno were having a minor tiff regarding the color of a certain kitchen utensil set in the Golden Dawn dining hall. You were adamant that it was blood orange, while Yuno was confident that it was red. A very important argument indeed.

"First Lieutenant (Name), Yuno, what are you arguing about so early in the morning?" Klaus inserted himself into the conversation. After all, since he was up and at 'em, he may as well be privy to the subject of your little quarrel. You showed him a knife and a fork while Yuno held up a teacup and a saucer.

"Klaus, we need you to be honest with us right now. What color are these objects?" Yuno looked into the noble's eyes seriously, and you held the utensils closer to his eyes. He furrowed his brows at the two of you. Poor people are so weird.

"It's blood orange." He finally responded. Yuno turned to you, stoic as always.

"This proves nothing." He said, and you snickered at his stubbornness.

"That's the smartest thing he's ever said, what are you talking about, Yun-Yun?"

"I think we need another pair of eyes on this one." Yuno insisted, and you playfully rolled your eyes at his childish mannerisms.

"Fine, fine... Only because it'll feel that much better when I'm proven right~" We need someone honest... Your eyes lit up, your precious vice-captain instantly coming to mind. Oh! I have just the person!

"Is anyone in there?!!" And suddenly, just like that, the large doors leading into your base were knocked down.

... Or, that would have been the case, had you not hurried along and opened them to welcome the would-be intruder inside.

"Mereoleona, I'm well aware of your strength, but please don't break down our doors." You asked with a nervous chuckle. Mereoleona's blue eyes made contact with your own before she thrust something into your hands. You blinked before looking down at the blooms clasped in your fingers and palms.

"Campanulas...? I'd understand if these were Chrysanthemums, but what's the occasion for these blossoms?" You asked, studying the flowers more closely.

"They're to show my gratitude for you visiting Fuegoleon in the hospital and helping his recovery process. Do you not like them?" She raised a brow at your reaction. Leo and Sister Rapual told me that pretty gals liked flowers... Were you truly built different to the point that you didn't share similar tastes as other members of your species? Well... "other members of your species" was... a bit of a stretch, to say the least. You shook your head at Mereoleona's explanation.

"It's not that, I just... honestly wasn't expecting them. I mean... aiding in hospitals is my job description, after all." You snickered at her exaggerated eye roll.

"Yeah, yeah. I still haven't forgiven you for not joining the Royal Knights despite being offered the position by yours truly." She crossed her arms with a huff. How homophobic and sexist of you, honestly. You giggled at her complaint.

"Like I already told you, I don't care about furthering the agenda of the Magic Knights, I care about improving the lives of civilians. Therefore I chose to remain here so I can uphold my duty as a morally correct citizen!" You chirped in response. Plus... someone competent had to keep an eye on Langris. She barked a laugh at that and threw her arm around your shoulders, pulling you in close. As with most upper-class women, you only allowed her to be this close to you because she was just... so different from the other royals. While she was still a member of a royal family, she was hellbent on not allowing her status to shield her from proving her worth to others. Truly the embodiment of "actions speak louder than words."