CHAPTER 15: My First Name is Now "Langris's Full-time Babysitter"

"A bet? How interesting~" You looked at Langris incredulously, not expecting him to say those words in a million years.

"If I am accepted into the Royal Knights, you will have to do as I say for one whole day. And if I am not accepted into the Royal Knights, I will have to do as you say for one whole day." Langris grinned smugly at you.

"Only one day? I'll agree if I get to order you around for an entire week, nothing less~" You chirped, and a red irk mark manifested on Langris' forehead as his eyebrow twitched, although his arrogant smirk remained.

"As hubristic as ever, although I'd expect nothing less from you, Little Butterfly. So..." He stuck his hand out to you.

"Do we have a deal?" You latched onto his hand and smiled sickeningly sweet up at him.

"Of course! Oh, I can't wait to tell you what to do! Try not to enjoy it too much, okay~?"

"*Scoff* In your dreams, Little Butterfly."

"That's my line, Langris dear~" You booped his nose, and he growled at you.

—-

"Good grief. We finally return from our expedition, and now this. Any more and you'll be obstructing public duties. As Magic Knights, we'll have to punish you!" Xerx couldn't believe his misfortune. First, he had to deal with you, the most pontifical pauper to ever cross his path; and now, he has to deal with this red-haired weirdo?! It was a no from him. Not to mention how scandalous his attire is...

"Who do you think this man is, you dolt?! He's the great Xerx Lugner, Vice-Captain of the Purple Orcas! His power and personal virtues are what have revived the Purple Orcas! He's the Saint of Pure Ice!!" Xerx's underling spouted praise for the vice-captain.

"A pompous jerk like that? What do I care? And two-bit flunkies shouldn't be blustering about glory and such as if it were theirs. Or is your master such a dim bulb that he can't even introduce himself if you don't yak for him? Moving on... Obstruction of public duties? You big shots sure have it good. You just say those words and you can mess with anything that bugs you as much as you want. C'mon, give it a try. Use that spiffy magic of yours and punish me in the name of justice. Authority-abusing Vice-Captain of a mob." This man was not pulling any punches today, it would seem.

"Why, you-" Xerx stuck his arm out in front of his subordinate to stop him from interfering.

"I will not tolerate insults to the Magic Knights. Feel my magic, and regret your words!! Ice Magic: Ice Slicer!!!" The stranger, however, used his own magic to throw Xerx against the wall before the Vice-Captain could cause any damage.

"The Saint of Pure Ice... huh? And you lost to a guy like me. 'Vice-Captain.' What a joke. That Magic Knights' robe is wasted on you." The redhead snatched Xerx's robe from the disgrace's shoulders, throwing it over one of his own.

"Now then... Let's see if there's anybody else worth humiliating."

---

"Hello, Doctor Kocho! It's nice to see you again!" Owen greeted you. You had just arrived, and it seemed as though the two of you were the only ones at the exam location. Hmm. Interesting. You nodded to him, a blinding grin on your face.

"Yup!" You chirped, and he sweatdropped. She didn't return the kind sentiments, but she replied affirmatively... Marx told me that was a good sign, but it still feels awkward!!

"So this is the field for the Magic Crystal Destruction Battle Tournament!! It's huge!" A familiar boisterous voice yelled out, notifying you and the quack doctor that the examinees had arrived at long last.