CHAPTER 2: The Magic Knights Entrance Exam Part 2

"What... the heck happened?!"

"That sword... is it magic?!"

"I thought he was just a dunce from the boonies."

"Just what... is up with that guy?"

"And did he just say... something about the Wizard King?"

"Shut up with all that blabbing! I said I'm going to become the Wizard King! Do you have a problem with that?!" Asta shouted, making you giggle.

"... Is he stupid?"

"He must be. He's a peasant from the boonies. What is he thinking?"

"Hey. Not all peasants are stupid." You entered the chat, smiling sweetly as you poked your head out from beside the stupid fella.

"I-I-It's not your fault, of course!! Peasants just can't be as smart as us nobles, it's-"

"If you don't shape up, I might have to give you a couple of contusions." You threatened. The three boys exchanged glances, obviously confused.

"*Gasp* Oh, I'm so sorry! I had no idea you were stupid! You poor things... I'll try and use smaller words, o-kay~?"

"H-How dare-"

"Farewell~" And with that cutthroat response, you left them to stammer amongst themselves. You sighed after getting a decent distance away from them. They look like they haven't even thought about studying a day in their lives... how pathetic.

You walked away to chat with Asta, grateful that his weird behavior had stolen everyone's attention so they didn't notice your little scene, but again, someone stopped you. These people won't stop touching me, good god.

"Peasant, it's time for our fight!" He boldly announced and dragged you to the combat area. You tore your arm out of his grasp.

"I would scold you for forgetting my name, but I didn't care to pay attention to your introduction at all, either. To me, you are Noble F, so your crime has been forgiven."

He was appalled at your disrespect. How dare she?! Ugh! The nerve! She acts like she's so much better than us... oh, I'll show her!!

"Good luck, (Name)!!" You turned to see Asta cheering you on. A genuine smile appeared on your face.

"Thanks, Asta!! I won't need luck when I have strength, talent, and brains on my side, but your well-wishes are much appreciated!!" You waved back at him. He was a bit surprised at your vernacular, finding it odd considering your status. (Name) sure uses a lot of fancy words, huh... and she's pretty, too!! Nothing compared to Sister Lily, but her smile is beautiful!!

Yuno, on the other hand, was a lot more skeptical of you. There's more to her than just that smile... there has to be. It's... weird.

"Alright, peasant!" Noble F declared.

"Prepare-" You internally smirked, knowing you were too quick for the likes of him to even hope to keep pace with. Butterfly Magic: Cocoon of Captivity!

BUTTERFLY MAGIC: COCOON OF CAPTIVITY

(Name) traps her target in a cocoon. As long as her mana is stronger than her opponent's, she can keep them in there as long as she chooses.

The noble was instantly enveloped in a cocoon, no longer visible to anyone else.

"*Gasp* Oh!" Pure bliss was on your face as a butterfly landed on your hand.

"A Question Mark! I've been looking for one of these for years! Haha, I can't believe my luck!" You briefly wondered why your fortune was so favorable today. Maybe Asta's cheering led to this... I will thank him profusely after this match! Then your attention returned to the match and you realized you should probably let the fellow out of your trap. Release. The cocoon immediately disintegrated, and Noble F fell forward.