CHAPTER 8: Dungeon Part 2

"Butterfly magic

"Butterfly magic." The stranger hummed, finding an odd fascination regarding your particular magic attribute. This freshly discovered interest made your skin crawl.

"Yes, I've heard of you... You're the one who's been pushing back our forces. You live on the edge of the Clover Kingdom near the strong mana region, correct?"

"Strong?" You hummed in discontent, a little pout on your face as you thought through his words.

"I suppose to someone as weak as you, it certainly would seem strong, wouldn't it?"

"If you're trying to rile me up, it won't work." He said blankly. You shook your head and clicked your tongue.

"I should've known that arguing with an emotionless magical stone of a man would be pointless. But still, in pursuit of the Clover Kingdom's resources, you hurt innocent people. And that is something I will never overlook."

"I never expected the scary girl my underlings described as ferocious and vicious to be so small and frail. If you were even a bit taller, I would be more hesitant. But a short girl such as yourself could never possibly hope to hurt me." His words cut straight to your heart. If you were a lesser person, they would shatter you completely, but you were what? A gaslight gatekeep girlboss, that was for certain. You gritted your teeth at the man, a newfound sense of determination flowing through you.

"I'm really sorry. I'm the main healer, and I went down first..." Mimosa coughed, and you felt your heart tighten at the pathetic tone of her voice.

"Don't worry about it-"

"Mimosa, just focus on healing yourself. Yuno, Klaus, watch over Mimosa and try to get those doors open. I'll hold him off for you." You said, forming a cocoon wall in front of them.

"(Name), don't do this-"

"Aw~! Is Yun-Yun worried about me~?" You teased, winking and giggling at your dear friend. You then smiled softly at him in reassurance.

"But seriously, trust me. I can take care of myself."

"(Name), if you die, I'll never forgive you!" Yuno yelled before your cocoon wall was fully separating you from your peers. There's still so much I have to learn about you... You looked back, that same serene smile on your face.

"As I said before, don't worry about my strength. I have plenty." Before he could protest further, you were cut off from his vision and replaced with the cocoon wall. He exhaled angrily and was about to pound his fist against it before rethinking. If I mess with this, it could potentially interfere with her battle in some way. She's always gotta be one step ahead, huh?

"If she has this up, then that means she'll be performing dual-castings." Klaus said in mild awe. A peasant girl like her... I never would have suspected (Name) of being capable of skills of this caliber!